Aerospace Quality Assurance Specialist Featured
- Scranton, Pennsylvania
- Job ID
Aerospace Quality Assurance Specialist job at Supplier Management Solutions in Scranton PA
Description, duties, responsibilities
For over 15 years Supplier Management Solutions (SMS) has remained the leading provider of full-service delivery assurance and quality solutions servicing aerospace industry throughout the United States. As the only full-service quality solutions provider of its kind SMS provides delivery assurance containment inspection quality engineering training and supplier development services. SMS is providing support to the largest aeronautics companies in the US and is expanding our role in quality support.
Please visit our website at: www.SMSSolutionsInc.com
The Quality Assurance Specialist will be responsible for executing and expanding on key initiatives inside of the supplier quality organization. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated problem solving skills and the ability to be flexible in high pressure situations.
- Implementing monitoring approving and/or closing FAI approvals sampling plans and projects in the supply base.
- Travel may be required to aid supplier in training and closing actions.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of relevant procedures/requirements.
- Provide leadership and direction to suppliers to ensure compliance to QCD (Quality Cost and Delivery) performance process requirements and maintains up-to-date knowledge of general standards and regulatory requirements.
- Review Supplier Corrective Actions and ensure Root Cause will be eliminated if implemented. Perform follow-up activities to verify implementation of corrective action plan and validate effectiveness of the plan.
- Perform Review of PO to ensure supplier meets special requirements such as PPAP APQP Variability Reduction Key Characteristics documentation.
- Provide trending of supplier nonconformance and other required reports typically performed by Prime Contractor Quality Engineers.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience as a Quality Engineering in an Aerospace Manufacturing Environment.
- Working knowledge and experience with Aircraft Parts and Material Conformity Inspections
- 3-5 years FAI experience with AS9102 (FAI) Protocol
- Hands-on inspection experience and ability to use basic inspection tools and equipment (e.g. calipers micrometers gauges etc.)
- Hands-on experience or working knowledge of Special Processes (i.e. heat treating welding NDT)
- Working knowledge and experience with inspection methods techniques and protocols
- Strong understanding of Engineering Mechanical Processes Standard Drawings Conventions Interpreting Drawing Specifications and GD&T
- 5-7 years experience hands-on experience with the ISO9001 and AS9100 Quality Management Systems Processes especially in Production Quality and logistics
- Knowledge of (or hands-on experience preferred) with FAA EAR and ITAR standards and regulations
- Experience leading customer audits
- Strong verbal written and communication skills
- Project management time management problem solving and organization
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Ability to work as an effective team member
- Background and drug screen will be conducted pre-hire
- US citizenship required - Supplier Management Solutions LLC can restrict hiring to US Citizens when government contracts require us to do so. 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(2)(C).
- Vision exam is required prior to hire. Requirements are as follows:The General Vision Acuity Test shall be performed by an Oculist Optometrist or other professionally recognized person. The following requirements shall apply.
- Near Vision Eyes meets Orthorater 8 (95% or Jaeger #2 at 12 inches)
- Far vision Eyes meets Orthorater 4 (76%) or Snellen Chart 20/50
- Color Perception 6 of 9 Orthorater plates
- Prior experience in areas of Quality Engineering such as: DOE FMEA SPC RCCA controls plans APQP PPAP material control process control systems performance product evaluation MSA metrology automated measurement and software is preferred.
- Required Education (including certifications):
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a technical discipline (i.e. Industrial Engineering Mechanical Engineering Quality Management etc.).
- OR In lieu of a Degree 8+ years of hands-on experience as a Quality Engineering in an Aerospace Manufacturing environment.
Supplier Management Solutions LLC (SMS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disabled and veterans.
NOTICE OF AFFIRMATIVE ACTION PLAN FOR INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES DISABLED VETERANS AND OTHER PROTECTED VETERANS
It is the policy of this Company to seek and employ qualified individuals at all locations and facilities and to provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees in recruiting hiring placement training compensation insurance benefits promotion transfer and termination. To achieve this we are dedicated to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities disabled veterans and other protected veterans.
The objective in adopting the Affirmative Action Programs is to place qualified individuals with disabilities disabled veterans and other protected veterans in all job classifications. These Affirmative Action Programs are available for inspection by any applicant or employee by contacting the Companys EEO Coordinator in the Human Resources office Monday through Friday 8am to 5pm.
Powered by JazzHR
Supplier Management Solutions Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.