Senior Development Engineer Hot
- Mukilteo, Washington
- Job ID
Senior Development Engineer job at Systima Technologies in Mukilteo WA
Description, duties, responsibilities
As a leader in the Aerospace Defense and Commercial markets Systima Technologies advances state of the art technologies through innovation and engineering research and analysis development prototyping fabrication and production. Our mission is to provide high value responsive engineering and innovative products that enable the defense of our democracy and the exploration of land sea and space. Our teams take pride in delivering rapid end-to-end engineering support and solutions from concept to delivery.
The Senior Development Engineer performs a lead role in program execution and provides technical leadership for projects requiring the application and demonstration of aerospace and defense systems. The primary focus of this position is the design development and demonstration of advanced technologies in support of military and aerospace development programs with minimal direct oversight required. The Senior Development Engineer oversees all phases of programs including conceptual level design and analysis proof-of-concept prototype hardware design fabrication and system testing and full scale system development.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Performs lead role on the engineering team in planning and execution of projects requiring mechanical system development
- Leads test planning and execution activities data collection and reduction analysis and product development on a multi-discipline team to provide total integrated support to multiple clients
- Verifies calculations and analysis work of other engineers
- Supports business development and project performance efforts to meet customer needs
- Effectively interacts with clients for business development including needs definition proposal presentations project definition and reviews
- Effectively interacts with technical staff for proposal development and project performance
- Mentor and resource for more junior engineers
- B.S. or M.S. Degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering
- Typically possesses 6+ years aerospace and/or defense experience including exposure to electromechanical systems
- Proven experience in leading product development tests including qualification test series
- Proficient in the use of data acquisition systems and instrumentation
- Self-motivated able to multi-task work independently on assignments with minimal oversight or direction quality-oriented and safety conscious
- Background and experience with heat transfer structural analysis dynamics/ kinematics advanced high-strength materials CAD and machine design
- Proficient in SolidWorks and experience with Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
- Demonstrated ability to develop plan and execute projects
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Must hold or be able to obtain a DoD SECRET clearance
Systima Technologies is a dynamic and growing company with excellent career opportunities across our engineering manufacturing business development and operations teams.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including generous paid time off 401(k) paid holidays medical/dental/vision coverage plans education reimbursement semi-annual bonuses and more. We look forward to reviewing your application.
Systima recently purchased an outstanding property in Mukilteo WA to accommodate our current staff and anticipated future growth. Systima is currently located in Kirkland WA and we will relocate our entire business operation and staff to the Harbour Pointe Tech Center in a phased process over the coming months (early-mid 2021).
Systima is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Systima Technologies Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.