Avionics Mechanic Featured
- Reno, Nevada
- Job ID
Avionics Mechanic job at Tactical Air Support in Reno NV
Description, duties, responsibilities
Tactical Air Support is Nevada Center for Entrepreneurial Technology (NCET)
2019 Aerospace / Aviation Company of the Year
Tactical Air Support Inc. a national company headquartered in Reno Nevada provides domestic and international "Center of Excellence" training and advisory services in tactical aviation and is seeking an experienced Avionics Mechanic to join our Maintenance team.
Tactical Airs motto is "We Serve Those Who Serve" and our companys purpose is twofold: we help make the world more secure through our efforts to improve the military capabilities and security of the U.S. and our partner nations and we create an environment where our employees can discover develop and share their talents in ways that provide a meaningful career path.
The Maintenance Division supports Tactical Airs Air Operations fleet of fighter aircraft with over 75 years of combined experience in tactical aviation maintenance and more than 30 years of military adversary contract maintenance. The Maintenance staff are a dedicated team comprised of experienced A&P-certified and tactical aircraft mechanics technicians and logisticians who all work towards ensuring safe and seamless ground maintenance operations. The Avionics Mechanic position is an integral part of a dedicated elite team of professionals who get things done enjoy working together and are committed to growing with this fast-moving company.
This position is located in Reno Nevada. With a population of over 400000 the Reno/Sparks area is a thriving growing community nestled along the eastern slope of the Sierra Nevada mountain range. Reno/Sparks and the surrounding area including a short drive to beautiful Lake Tahoe offers a variety of arts and entertainment an eclectic restaurant scene and unlimited recreational activities. There is truly something for everyone. Check out for more information about living in Reno.
The ideal candidate for the Avionics Mechanic position will be professional highly productive disciplined team-oriented technically astute and responsive to the needs of the company colleagues and customers. Reporting to the Director of Maintenance this position will perform organizational intermediate and limited depot-level maintenance to include inspection operational test repair modification troubleshooting and replacement of aircraft electrical/avionics systems on all assigned aircraft components and equipment. This position will apply advanced technical knowledge to solve complex problems and to provide technical assistance guidance and instruction to other teammates as needed.
The key desirable and preferred requirements for this position include:
- Minimum of three years previous work-related skill knowledge or experience preferably in the military or with a government aviation maintenance contractor.
- Experience with high performance military aircraft (F-5/T-38).
- Vocational school or associate degree advantageous.
- Government-approved certification advantageous.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to provide excellent customer service.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with ability to correctly prioritize workload to maintain schedules deadlines and standards on assigned projects.
- Ability to manage multiple roles and projects and to see the big picture.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and be adaptable.
- Ability to cross-train into other specialties.
- Ability to read listen to and understand information and ideas verbally and in writing.
- Creativity positivity and confidence.
- Regular travel to various work sites throughout the U.S. may be required.
- Ability to obtain U.S. government security clearance.
- This position is subject to pre-employment and random drug/alcohol screening (including for marijuana).
The successful candidate for this position must be willing to relocate. Tactical Air will not provide relocation expenses.
Tactical Air offers a comprehensive benefits package including (but not limited to) 401K retirement savings plan with employer match full health/dental/vision care and life insurance. The level of position offered will be dependent upon background and qualifications. If you are a dynamic self-motivated individual who appreciates challenging yet rewarding work with a keen interest in cutting-edge aircraft mission systems development and maintenance Tactical Air invites you to apply.
If any candidate requires assistance in accessing or completing an employment application please contact Human Resources.
Tactical Air is proud to be an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability Employer
Tactical Air Support Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.