Associate Electrical Engineer Jax Urgent
- Jacksonville, Florida
- Annual Salary $72,000.00 - $115,000.00
- Job ID
Associate Electrical Engineer Jax job at Tactical Air Support in Jacksonville FL
Description, duties, responsibilities
ASSOCIATE ELECTRICAL ENGINEER
Tactical Air Support, Inc., a growing national company, provides domestic and international "Center of Excellence" training and advisory services in tactical aviation, as well as the production, modification, and sustainment/maintenance of high-performance aircraft. We "Serve Those Who Serve" with innovative aviation solutions while maintaining a balanced focus on our customers and our teams and we are seeking an experienced Associate Electrical Engineer to join our Engineering team.
The ideal candidate for the Associate Electrical Engineer position will be responsible for activities involved in engineering and design of advanced fighter aircraft systems. The Associate Electrical Engineer will provide support for the rapid modification, verification, and fielding of new and innovative technology in high-performance fighter aircraft. The successful performance of this position will require the candidate to meet and support the business goals and mission of the company.
The key desirable and preferred requirements for this position include:
- Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities is qualifying. Please refer to the position profile for complete job description and requirements.
- Technical degree in Engineering, Math, or Science; Bachelor's degree in Aerospace Engineering or related discipline preferred.
- Demonstrated experience updating and modifying high-performance aircraft and aircraft systems.
- Experience in design, review, and approval of engineering documents and drawings.
- Experience with instrumentation and data collection systems, transparencies and sensor windows, and aerodynamic fairings preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skill in electrical systems design and arrangements layout.
- Knowledgeable in commercial and military aircraft systems including standard materials and coatings; structures and strength standards; aircraft fasteners, adhesives, and bonding; connectors, wire gauges, and bend radius; antennas, radomes, and mounting.
- Familiarity or experience with federal (DoD) contractors and the aerospace, defense, or commercial aviation industry advantageous.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to provide excellent customer service.
- Ability to manage multiple roles and projects and to see the big picture.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and be adaptable.
- Ability to cross-train into other specialties.
- Ability to read, listen to, and understand information and ideas verbally and in writing.
- Travel to various work sites throughout the U.S. may be required and ability to support detachments as assigned.
- Able to obtain U.S. government security clearance.
- This position is subject to pre-employment and random drug/alcohol screening (including for marijuana) per DOT/FAA requirements for safety sensitive positions.
Tactical Air is proud to be an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability Employer
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
Tactical Air Support Company Overview
Our Philosophy and Vision for the Future Since its inception in 2005, Tactical Air has utilized innovative business practices to provide our government and aviation industry partners with an unparalleled consulting and training experience. We are a business modeled after a weapons school with the largest cadre of weapons school instructors, graduates, adversaries and test pilots in the industry. Additionally, we aim to become a repository of world class aviation expertise powered by a team of aircrew, tactical and subject matter experts, engineers, and maintainers. We attract and retain talent by offering our people a profession, not just a job. The sense of ownership, purpose and meaning that comes with being a member of the Tactical Air team is unique in our industry, affording them a profession with purpose and meaning. Above all we focus on execution. Its not what we do, its how we do it.