Program Manager Jax
- Jacksonville, Florida
- Annual Salary $170,000.00 - $200,000.00
- Job ID
Program Manager Jax job at Tactical Air Support in Jacksonville FL
Description, duties, responsibilities
COPS / MRO Services
Starting Salary Range: $170,000.00 to $200,000.00 DOE
Tactical Air Support is Nevada Center for Entrepreneurial Technology (NCET) 2019 Aerospace / Aviation Company of the Year
Tactical Air Support, Inc., a national company operating in 14 states across the country, provides domestic and international "Center of Excellence" training and advisory services in tactical aviation, as well as the production, modification, and sustainment/maintenance of high-performance aircraft and is seeking an experienced Program Manager to join our growing team.
Tactical Air's current operations includes production/modification/maintenance/sustainment and logistic support for our own fleet of high-performance aircraft and for our customers, with assignments and detachments across the U.S. Tactical Air's team includes A&P-certified and tactical aircraft experienced mechanics, technicians, logisticians, and engineers, with a combined experience of more than 75 years in tactical aviation maintenance and more than 30 years supporting U.S. military adversary contract maintenance.
This position is located in Jacksonville, Florida, the largest city in Florida with a population close to one million people. Jacksonville boasts the largest Naval port in the United States and offers communities rich in history, arts and culture, entertainment, recreation, and cuisine. There is truly something for everyone. Check out https://www.lifestorage.com/blog/moving/moving-to-jacksonville-fl/ for more information about living in Jacksonville.
The ideal candidate for the Program Manager position will report to the General Manager for MRO Services and will be responsible to lead and coordinate the F-5N+/F+ Avionics Reconfiguration and Tactical Enhancement/Modernization for Inventory Standardization (ARTEMIS) Program. This position will support administrative, training, and logistic requirements and duties will include providing strategic guidance to Tactical Air Support and U.S. government program teams (to include U.S. Navy and Marine Corp) to ensure the project and program goals are aligned with program goals and objectives. The ARTEMIS Program Manager will manage program budgets and resource allocations, must have the ability to work with a wide range of professionals across different disciplines, and will be involved in the development of new strategies. Additional responsibilities will include overseeing program team members, subject matter experts, or specialists involved in delivery of products, data management, training of team members, and logistics support.
The key desirable and preferred requirements for this position include:
- Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities is qualifying. Please see complete job description for all minimum requirements.
- Demonstrated/progressive experience in a Program Manager role, specifically in aircraft design, manufacturing, or service and support.
- Ensure effective management of the ARTEMIS Program and service as principal liaison for Program.
- Ability to identify risks and problems, propose solutions, and provide timely and accurate contract deliverables.
- Interpretation of policies in specific program areas and ability to provide leadership, coordination, and authoritative advice to managers and officials.
- Ability to develop cooperative relationships which result in the formulation and execution of progressive and comprehensive programs, compliant with governmental regulations, goals, and objectives.
- Must be able to direct, administer, and evaluate programs, policies, and procedures in assigned program areas.
- Strong leadership and management skills with ability to provide supervisory support for assigned contract, including hiring, training, security requirements, and retention of program staff.
- Strong recordkeeping skills with ability to maintain documentation of program and various academic activities.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to provide excellent customer service.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with ability to correctly prioritize workload to maintain schedules, deadlines, and standards on assigned projects.
- Ability to manage multiple roles and projects and to see the big picture.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and be adaptable.
- Ability to read, listen to, and understand information and ideas verbally and in writing.
- Creativity, positivity, and confidence.
- Regular travel to various work sites throughout the U.S. as assigned.
- Ability to obtain U.S. government clearance if required.
Tactical Air offers a comprehensive benefits package, including (but not limited to) 401K retirement savings plan with employer match, full health/dental/vision care, and life insurance. The level of position offered will be dependent upon background and qualifications. If you are a dynamic, self-motivated individual who appreciates challenging yet rewarding work, with a keen interest in cutting-edge aircraft mission systems and program management, Tactical Air invites you to apply.
If any applicant requires assistance in accessing or completing an employment application, please contact Human Resources.
Tactical Air is proud to be an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability Employer
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.
Tactical Air Support Company Overview
Our Philosophy and Vision for the Future Since its inception in 2005, Tactical Air has utilized innovative business practices to provide our government and aviation industry partners with an unparalleled consulting and training experience. We are a business modeled after a weapons school with the largest cadre of weapons school instructors, graduates, adversaries and test pilots in the industry. Additionally, we aim to become a repository of world class aviation expertise powered by a team of aircrew, tactical and subject matter experts, engineers, and maintainers. We attract and retain talent by offering our people a profession, not just a job. The sense of ownership, purpose and meaning that comes with being a member of the Tactical Air team is unique in our industry, affording them a profession with purpose and meaning. Above all we focus on execution. Its not what we do, its how we do it.