Supply Chain Specialist RNO
- Reno, Nevada
- Job ID
Supply Chain Specialist RNO job at Tactical Air Support in Reno NV
Description, duties, responsibilities
SUPPLY CHAIN SPECIALIST
Tactical Air Support, Inc., a national company headquartered in Reno, Nevada, is seeking an experienced Supply Chain Specialist to join our growing logistics team.
To support Tactical Air Operations, the Logistics Division maintains over 17,000 line items of F-5 parts and is developing a comprehensive supply chain network of industry leaders. Tactical Air's operations includes maintenance and logistic support for our own fleet of high-performance aircraft and for our customers, with assignments and detachments across the U.S. Tactical Air's team includes A&P-certified and tactical aircraft experienced mechanics, technicians, logisticians, and engineers, with a combined experience of more than 75 years in tactical aviation maintenance and more than 30 years supporting U.S. military adversary contract maintenance.
The ideal candidate for the Supply Chain Specialist position will be report to the Logistics Manager and will be responsible to manage inventory strategy, drive efficiency, monitor key performance indicators, and engage and collaborate with team members.
The key desirable and preferred requirements for this position include:
• Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities, as defined in the job description, is qualifying.
• Minimum of five years' experience specific to logistics and supply chain management.
• Previous experience in aviation logistics, aerospace, or related field, preferably in an aftermarket customer service environment.
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (emphasis on Excel), Lotus Notes, and logistics management database programs (specifically, RAMCO).
• Ability to find solutions to planning and manufacturing problems.
• Experience with continuous process improvement; familiarity with ISO9000/AS9100 advantageous.
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to provide excellent customer service.
• Strong organizational and time management skills with ability to correctly prioritize workload to maintain schedules, deadlines, and standards on assigned projects.
• Ability to manage multiple roles and projects and to see the big picture.
• Ability to remain calm under pressure and be adaptable.
• Must be detail oriented.
• Ability to read, listen to, and understand information and ideas verbally and in writing.
• Creativity, positivity, and confidence.
• Ability to travel to various work sites throughout the U.S. may be required.
• Ability to obtain U.S. government security clearance.
• This position is subject to pre-employment and random drug/alcohol screening (including for marijuana), and physical certifications.
Tactical Air is proud to be an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability Employer
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.
Tactical Air Support Company Overview
Our Philosophy and Vision for the Future Since its inception in 2005, Tactical Air has utilized innovative business practices to provide our government and aviation industry partners with an unparalleled consulting and training experience. We are a business modeled after a weapons school with the largest cadre of weapons school instructors, graduates, adversaries and test pilots in the industry. Additionally, we aim to become a repository of world class aviation expertise powered by a team of aircrew, tactical and subject matter experts, engineers, and maintainers. We attract and retain talent by offering our people a profession, not just a job. The sense of ownership, purpose and meaning that comes with being a member of the Tactical Air team is unique in our industry, affording them a profession with purpose and meaning. Above all we focus on execution. Its not what we do, its how we do it.