Lead Aircraft Systems Engineer
- Reno, Nevada
- Annual Salary $123,000.00
- Job ID
Lead Aircraft Systems Engineer job at Tactical Air Support in Reno NV
Description, duties, responsibilities
LEAD AIRCRAFT SYSTEMS ENGINEER
Starting Salary: $123,000 per annum, DOE
Tactical Air Support is a Nevada Center for Entrepreneurial Technology (NCET) 2019 Aerospace / Aviation Company of the Year
Tactical Air Support, Inc., a national company headquartered in Reno, Nevada, provides domestic and international “Center of Excellence” training and advisory services in tactical aviation and is seeking an experienced Lead Aircraft Systems Engineer to join its Air Operations team.
Tactical Air’s motto is “We Serve Those Who Serve” and our company’s purpose is twofold: we help make the world more secure through our efforts to improve the military capabilities and security of the United States and our partner nations, and we create an environment where our employees can discover, develop, and share their talents in a way that provides a meaningful career path.
The Air Operations’ team mission is to develop and provide aircraft for Contract Air Services (CAS) support of U.S. military training. The Lead Aircraft Systems Engineer position is an integral part of a dedicated, elite team of professionals who get things done, enjoy working together, and are committed to growing with this fast-moving company.
This position is located in Reno, Nevada. With a population of over 400,000, the Reno/Sparks area is a thriving, growing community nestled along the eastern slope of the Sierra Nevada mountain range. Reno/Sparks and the surrounding area, including a short drive to beautiful Lake Tahoe, offers a variety of arts and entertainment, an eclectic restaurant scene, and unlimited recreational activities. There is truly something for everyone. Check out https://workliveplayrenotahoe.com/ for more information.
The ideal candidate for the Lead Aircraft Systems Engineer position will be highly experienced, professional, disciplined, team-oriented, technically astute, and responsive to the needs of the company, colleagues, and Department of Defense (DoD) customers. Reporting to the Chief Engineer, this position is vital to Tactical Air’s ongoing viability and performance by ensuring production and availability of CAS aircraft. The Lead Aircraft Systems Engineer will execute engineering design, development, test, and analysis of aircraft and systems to include Tactical Air’s F-5E/F Advanced Tiger (F-5ATTM) and CF-5D series aircraft. This position will be part of a ground-breaking team blazing new paths for its customers in the Adversary Aircraft Fighter mission.
The key desirable and preferred requirements for this position include:
- Bachelor’s degree and education specific to mechanical or aerospace engineering preferred.
- Ten years’ experience in aerospace, defense, or federal contractor industry with background of updating and modifying aircraft and aircraft systems.
- Experience working with and designing electrical drawings, circuit schematics, and block diagrams utilizing software-aided design tools.
- Demonstrated knowledge of sound engineering principles, electronic and electrical circuit design and schematics, testing, systems analysis, calibration, and repair of aircraft electronic, communication, and network systems.
- Knowledgeable of commercial and military aircraft power, including 28vDC, three-phase 115vAC 400HZ, and 270vDC; aircraft analog interfaces including selsyn, synchro, sin/cos, and variable DC and AC voltages.
- Knowledgeable of computer architecture include Ethernet, RS232/422/485 serial, MIL-STD-1533, ARINC 429, and USB standards; Local Area Networking (LAN) interface standards and protocols to include Virtual LANs (VLANS).
- Demonstrated knowledge of Link-16, TCTS, and other aircraft data networks.
- Ability to troubleshoot aircraft electrical and electronic systems and reverse engineer electrical components.
- Ability to troubleshoot RF, antennas, interfaces for Communication, Navigation, and Identification (CNI) systems, and airborne GPS/INS systems.
- Ability to support airworthiness approval process, including MIL-HDBK-516 andFAA Federal Aviation Regulations (FAR).
- Ability to conform to U.S. DoD Communications Security (COMSEC) and Transmission Security (TRANSEC) methods and procedures.
- Ability to handle classified materials and Controlled Cryptographic Items (CCI) utilizing governmentapproved network and email systems.
- Experience with Helmet Mounted Cueing Systems (HMCS) preferred.
- Experience with Air-to-Air Radars and Radar Warning Receiver systems preferred.
- Experience with Garmin Flight Management Systems (FMS) advantageous.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to provide excellent customer service.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with ability to correctly prioritize workload to maintain schedules, deadlines, and standards on assigned projects.
- Ability to manage multiple roles and projects and to see the big picture.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and be adaptable.
- Ability to cross-train into other specialties.
- Ability to read, listen to, and understand information and ideas verbally and in writing.
- Creativity, positivity, and confidence.
- Regular travel to various work sites throughout the U.S. may be required.
- Current U.S. government security clearance.
- This position is subject to pre-employment and random drug/alcohol screening (including for marijuana).
Tactical Air offers a comprehensive benefits package, including (but not limited to) 401K retirement savings plan with employer match, full health/dental/vision care, and life insurance. The level of position offered will be dependent upon background and qualifications. If you are a dynamic, self-motivated individual who appreciates challenging yet rewarding work, with a keen interest in cutting-edge aircraft mission systems development and maintenance, Tactical Air invites you to apply.
All applicants must submit a cover letter, current CV/resume, and completed employment application. For complete position profile and application, please go to the Careers page at www.tacticalairsupport.com.
This position will remain open until filled.
If any candidate requires assistance in accessing or completing an employment application, please contact Human Resources.
Tactical Air is proud to be an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability Employer
Tactical Air Support Company Overview
Our Philosophy and Vision for the Future Since its inception in 2005, Tactical Air has utilized innovative business practices to provide our government and aviation industry partners with an unparalleled consulting and training experience. We are a business modeled after a weapons school with the largest cadre of weapons school instructors, graduates, adversaries and test pilots in the industry. TACTICAL AIRS VISION FOR THE FUTURE IS TO BE THE WORLDS PREMIER Ãƒ CENTER OF EXCELLENCEÂ FOR COMMERCIAL TACTICAL AVIATION TRAINING AND SUPPORT SERVICES. Additionally, we aim to become a repository of world classÂ aviation expertise powered by a cadre of aircrew, tactical and subject matter experts, and maintainers. We attract and retain talent by offering our people a profession, not just a job. The sense of ownership, purpose and meaning that comes with being a member of the Tactical Air team is unique in our industry, affording them a profession with purpose and meaning. Above all we focus on execution, Its not what we do, its how we do it.Â