Aircraft Mechanics Maintainers N4G Urgent
- Fallon, Nevada
- Job ID
Aircraft Mechanics Maintainers N4G job at Tactical Air Support in Fallon NV
Description, duties, responsibilities
NAS Fallon, NV
Navy 4th Gen (N4G) Program
Starting Salary Range: DOE
Tactical Air Support is Nevada Center for Entrepreneurial Technology (NCET)2019 Aerospace / Aviation Company of the Year
Tactical Air Support, Inc., a national company headquartered in Reno, Nevada, provides domestic and international "Center of Excellence" training and advisory services in tactical aviation and is seeking experienced high-performance aircraft maintainers and related maintenance support to join ourteam.
The mission of the N4G Program is to provide adversary air services to Naval fighter squadrons, groups, and wings, primarily focused out of the Naval Air Station in Fallon, Nevada but will periodically travel to various work sites across the U.S. to support contract requirements. Tactical Air operates the CF-5D and the F-5 E/F Advanced Tiger (F-5ATTM), a purpose-built, modernized advance capability adversary aircraft. Tactical Air's maintenance staff is comprised of certified and experienced mechanics, technicians, specialists, and logisticians all working towards ensuring safe and seamless ground maintenance operations.
Tactical air is seeking maintenance artisans and technicians to include Egress, Powerplant, and Structural Mechanics to perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance supporting the N4G Program. The ideal candidate will be responsible to maintain, inspect, test, repair, modify, and troubleshoot aircraft engine components and equipment as required and in accordance with applicable publications and governing instructions. Each position will apply advanced technical knowledge to solve complex problems and to provide technical assistance, guidance, and instruction to other teammates as needed. The successful candidate may be required to report to the Reno/Stead facility for orientation, training, and for regular ongoing support of the N4G program or other sustainment activities.
The key desirable and preferred requirements for this position include:
- Any combination of education and work-related experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities is qualifying.
- Recent experience with high performance military aircraft (F-5/T-38) and with J85-21C engine strongly preferred.
- Collateral Duty Inspector (CDI) certification.
- Plane Captain certification preferred; or ability to become certified.
- Ability to troubleshoot, service, remove, replace, and overhaul aircraft engine components and systems to ensure airworthiness.
- Must have working knowledge of all aircraft main, auxiliary, secondary power systems, fuel systems, engine level, and bleed air components.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to provide excellent customer service.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with ability to correctly prioritize workload to maintain schedules, deadlines, and standards on assigned projects.
- Ability to manage multiple roles and projects and to see the big picture.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and be adaptable.
- Ability to cross-train into other specialties.
- Ability to read, listen to, and understand information and ideas verbally and in writing.
- Creativity, positivity, and confidence.
- Regular travel to various work sites throughout the U.S. required.
- Current U.S. government security clearance; must submit to criminal background check and pre-employment drug testing (including for marijuana).
Tactical Air offers a comprehensive benefits package, including (but not limited to) 401K retirement savings plan with employer match, full health/dental/vision care, and life insurance. The level of position offered will be dependent upon background and qualifications. If you are a dynamic, self-motivated individual who is accountable, appreciates challenging yet rewarding work, with a keen interest in cutting-edge aircraft mission systems development and aircraft maintenance, Tactical Air invites you to apply.
If any applicant requires assistance in accessing or completing an employment application, please contact Human Resources.
Tactical Air is proud to be an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability Employer
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.
Tactical Air Support Company Overview
Our Philosophy and Vision for the Future Since its inception in 2005, Tactical Air has utilized innovative business practices to provide our government and aviation industry partners with an unparalleled consulting and training experience. We are a business modeled after a weapons school with the largest cadre of weapons school instructors, graduates, adversaries and test pilots in the industry. Additionally, we aim to become a repository of world class aviation expertise powered by a team of aircrew, tactical and subject matter experts, engineers, and maintainers. We attract and retain talent by offering our people a profession, not just a job. The sense of ownership, purpose and meaning that comes with being a member of the Tactical Air team is unique in our industry, affording them a profession with purpose and meaning. Above all we focus on execution. Its not what we do, its how we do it.