Aircraft Missions Systems TechnicianN4G
- Fallon, Nevada
- Annual Salary $85,000.00
- Job ID
Aircraft Missions Systems TechnicianN4G job at Tactical Air Support in Fallon NV
Description, duties, responsibilities
AIRCRAFT MISSION SYSTEMS TECHNICIAN
Tactical Air Support, Inc., a national company operating in 14 states across the country, provides domestic and international "Center of Excellence" training and advisory services in tactical aviation, as well as the production, modification, and sustainment/maintenance of high-performance aircraft.
Tactical Air is currently seeking an experienced Aircraft Mission System Technician to join our team for assignment to the U.S. Navy 4th Gen Adversary contract operating Tactical Air's F-5E/F Advanced Tiger (F-5ATTM) fighter in support of combat airborne adversary training services for the Navy Fighter Weapons School (TOPGUN) and Carrier Airwing Strike Training with the Naval Air Warfare Development Center (NAWDC).
The ideal candidate for this position will be professional, disciplined, highly productive, team-oriented, technically astute, and responsive to colleagues, team members, and project managers as assigned. They will support development and maintenance of mission systems on F-5 "Advanced Tiger" (F-5ATTM) series aircraft. The successful candidate must possess in-depth knowledge and skill in testing, maintenance, calibration, and repair of Information Technology (IT)-based mission systems and ability to provide support for the rapid modification, verification, and fielding of new, advanced technology in the F-5AT aircraft.
The key desirable and preferred requirements for this position include:
- Experience working with Semi- and Fully-Rugged (DO-160) Mission Computing Equipment.
- Ability to troubleshoot and isolate for commercial and military computer architecture including Ethernet, serial, 1553b, and USB bus standards.
- Ability to troubleshoot CVBS, HD-SDI, and H.264 video systems including displays, converters, scalers, and recorders.
- Ability to conform to U.S. DoD Communications Security and Transmission Security methods and procedures.
- Ability to troubleshoot connectivity with Line of Sight and satellite tactical radio and datalink systems.
- Knowledge of Local Area Networking interface standards and protocols to include Virtual LAN.
- Understand IT techniques necessary for administration of classified and unclassified computer systems.
- Ability to troubleshoot Airborne GPS/INS systems.
- Prior experience with Helmet Mounted Cuing Systems, Air-to-Air Radar and Radar Warning Receiver systems, and Garmin Flight Management Systems preferred.
- Ability to manage multiple roles and projects and to see the big picture.
- Ability to read, listen to, and understand information and ideas verbally and in writing.
- Regular travel to various work sites throughout the U.S. may be required.
- Ability to obtain U.S. government security clearance and subject to pre-employment drug testing (including for marijuana).
Tactical Air is proud to be an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability Employer
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.
Tactical Air Support Company Overview
Our Philosophy and Vision for the Future Since its inception in 2005, Tactical Air has utilized innovative business practices to provide our government and aviation industry partners with an unparalleled consulting and training experience. We are a business modeled after a weapons school with the largest cadre of weapons school instructors, graduates, adversaries and test pilots in the industry. Additionally, we aim to become a repository of world class aviation expertise powered by a team of aircrew, tactical and subject matter experts, engineers, and maintainers. We attract and retain talent by offering our people a profession, not just a job. The sense of ownership, purpose and meaning that comes with being a member of the Tactical Air team is unique in our industry, affording them a profession with purpose and meaning. Above all we focus on execution. Its not what we do, its how we do it.