- Jacksonville, Florida
- Annual Salary
- Job ID
Project Scheduler job at Tactical Air Support in Jacksonville FL
Description, duties, responsibilities
Operations / Production
Starting Salary Range Commensurate with Experience
Tactical Air Support is Nevada Center for Entrepreneurial Technology (NCET) 2019 Aerospace / Aviation Company of the Year
Tactical Air Support, Inc., a national company headquartered in Reno, Nevada, provides domestic and international "Center of Excellence" training and advisory services in tactical aviation and is seeking an experienced Project Scheduler to join our team.
Tactical Air's operations includes maintenance, engineering, and logistic support for our own fleet of high-performance aircraft and for our customers, with assignments and detachments across the U.S. Tactical Air's team includes A&P-certified and tactical aircraft experienced mechanics, technicians, logisticians, and engineers, with a combined experience of more than 75 years in tactical aviation maintenance and more than 30 years supporting U.S. military adversary contract maintenance.
This position is located in Jacksonville, Florida, the largest city in Florida with a population close to one million people. Jacksonville boasts the largest Naval port in the United States and offers communities rich in history, arts and culture, entertainment, recreation, and cuisine. There is truly something for everyone. Check out https://www.lifestorage.com/blog/moving/moving-to-jacksonville-fl/ for more information about living in Jacksonville.
The ideal candidate for the Project Scheduler position will develop and manage schedules for projects. Working with project teams and managers, this position will schedule planning, coordinate and set tasks, monitor the execution of timelines, and identify potential scheduling delays and facilitate remedial action. The Project Scheduler will be highly organized to implement and oversee project schedules and will prepare progress and performance evaluation reports.
The key desirable and preferred requirements for this position include:
- Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities is qualifying. Please see job description for minimum requirements.
- Certification as a PMI scheduling professional (PMI-SP).
- Strong knowledge of aviation industry.
- Demonstrable experience in project scheduling utilizing project scheduling software such as Microsoft Project or Smartsheets.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to provide excellent customer service.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with ability to correctly prioritize workload to maintain schedules, deadlines, and standards on assigned projects.
- Ability to manage multiple roles and projects and to see the big picture.
- Ability to cross-train into other specialties.
- Ability to read, listen to, and understand information and ideas verbally and in writing.
- Creativity, positivity, and confidence.
- Occasional travel to various work sites throughout the U.S. may be required.
- Ability to obtain U.S. government security clearance.
Tactical Air offers a comprehensive benefits package, including (but not limited to) 401K retirement savings plan with employer match, full health/dental/vision care, and life insurance. The level of position offered will be dependent upon background and qualifications. If you are a dynamic, self-motivated individual who appreciates challenging yet rewarding work, with a keen interest in cutting-edge aircraft mission systems development and maintenance, Tactical Air invites you to apply.
If any applicant requires assistance in accessing or completing an employment application, please contact Human Resources.
Tactical Air is proud to be an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability Employer
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.
Tactical Air Support Company Overview
Our Philosophy and Vision for the Future Since its inception in 2005, Tactical Air has utilized innovative business practices to provide our government and aviation industry partners with an unparalleled consulting and training experience. We are a business modeled after a weapons school with the largest cadre of weapons school instructors, graduates, adversaries and test pilots in the industry. Additionally, we aim to become a repository of world class aviation expertise powered by a team of aircrew, tactical and subject matter experts, engineers, and maintainers. We attract and retain talent by offering our people a profession, not just a job. The sense of ownership, purpose and meaning that comes with being a member of the Tactical Air team is unique in our industry, affording them a profession with purpose and meaning. Above all we focus on execution. Its not what we do, its how we do it.