Director of Production JAX Urgent
- Jacksonville, Florida
- Annual Salary
- Job ID
Director of Production JAX job at Tactical Air Support in Jacksonville FL
Description, duties, responsibilities
The ideal candidate for the Director of Production position will report to the General Manager of Aircraft Services and must be experienced with aircraft design, assembly, maintenance/modification management, and aviation maintenance programs/processes, with a background and passion for aircraft manufacturing, project management, organizational development, and leadership. This position requires a strong combination of technical skills and leadership aptitude, and must be able to coordinate and lead a growing team (staff of 75+) to the expeditious building and modification of airworthy aircraft, as well as manage multiple subcontractors and suppliers to provide aircraft depot-level maintenance and modifications to U.S. Dept. of Defense (DoD) and international customers. The Director of Production shall manage and oversee all efforts towards aircraft maintenance, modification, fabrication, logistics, engineering, and supporting personnel assigned to the Tactical Air Support Cecil Field Facility in Jacksonville, Florida. This full-time position will require an expected level of effort of 40-50 hours per week.
Specific duties include:
- Management and accountability for personnel, support equipment, tools, and test equipment.
- Management and accountability for facilities and capital equipment used in aircraft reassembly, repair modification, and supporting flight operations.
- Directly support commercial operations by providing facility, equipment, and logistics for modification of U.S. government aircraft under contract.
- Ensure all aircraft maintenance, assembly, and modification operations are accomplished in strict adherence to established processes and procedures.
- Ensure mission success and compliance with corporate and national policies.
The key desirable and preferred requirements for this position include:
- Relevant education, background, and 10+ years' experience working in Aviation Product Lifecycle Management with demonstrated progressive supervisory and leadership roles.
- Working experience with commercial/tactical aircraft modifications.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office 365, project management software, and similar applications.
- Experience employing Lean processes (certification advantageous).
- Demonstrated experience conducting business presentations.
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to provide excellent customer service.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with ability to correctly prioritize workload to maintain schedules, deadlines, and standards on assigned projects.
- Ability to manage multiple roles and projects and to see the big picture.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and be adaptable.
- Ability to read, listen to, and understand information and ideas verbally and in writing.
- Creativity, positivity, and confidence.
- Occasional travel to various work sites throughout the U.S. or internationally may be required.
- Ability to obtain U.S. government security clearance.
The level of position offered will be dependent upon background and qualifications. If you are a dynamic, self-motivated individual who appreciates challenging yet rewarding work, with a keen interest in cutting-edge aircraft mission systems development and maintenance, Tactical Air invites you to apply.
Tactical Air is proud to be an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability Employer
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.
Tactical Air Support Company Overview
Our Philosophy and Vision for the Future Since its inception in 2005, Tactical Air has utilized innovative business practices to provide our government and aviation industry partners with an unparalleled consulting and training experience. We are a business modeled after a weapons school with the largest cadre of weapons school instructors, graduates, adversaries and test pilots in the industry. TACTICAL AIRS VISION FOR THE FUTURE IS TO BE THE WORLDS PREMIER Ãƒ CENTER OF EXCELLENCEÂ FOR COMMERCIAL TACTICAL AVIATION TRAINING AND SUPPORT SERVICES. Additionally, we aim to become a repository of world classÂ aviation expertise powered by a cadre of aircrew, tactical and subject matter experts, and maintainers. We attract and retain talent by offering our people a profession, not just a job. The sense of ownership, purpose and meaning that comes with being a member of the Tactical Air team is unique in our industry, affording them a profession with purpose and meaning. Above all we focus on execution, Its not what we do, its how we do it.Â