AIRCRAFT MECHANIC POWERPLANT
- Reno, Nevada
- Job ID
AIRCRAFT MECHANIC POWERPLANT job at Tactical Air Support in Reno NV
Description, duties, responsibilities
NAS Fallon, NV
Navy 4th Gen Program
Starting Salary Range: DOE
Tactical Air Support is Nevada Center for Entrepreneurial Technology (NCET) 2019 Aerospace / Aviation Company of the Year
Tactical Air Support, Inc., a national company headquartered in Reno, Nevada, provides domestic and international “Center of Excellence” training and advisory services in tactical aviation and is seeking an experienced Aircraft Mechanic/Powerplant to join its Maintenance team.
Tactical Air’s motto is “We Serve Those Who Serve”. Our company’s purpose is twofold: We help make the world more secure through our efforts to improve the military capabilities and security of the U.S. and our partner nations and we create an environment where our employees can discover, develop, and share their talents in a way that provides a meaningful career path.
The maintenance division supports Tactical Air Support’s fleet of fighter aircraft with over 75 years of combined experience in tactical aviation maintenance and more than 30 years of military adversary contract maintenance. The maintenance staff are a dedicated team comprised of experienced, certified, and tactical aircraft mechanics, technicians, and logisticians who all work towards ensuring safe and seamless ground maintenance operations. The Aircraft Mechanic/Powerplant position is an integral part of a dedicated, elite team of professionals who get things done, enjoy working together, and are committed to growing with this fast-moving company.
This position is primarily located at NAS Fallon, Nevada. With a population close just under 8,500, Fallon is a small agricultural community and home to the United States Navy’s Fighter Weapons School (TOPGUN). Fallon is not far from various recreational sites, such as Sand Mountain, and there are plenty of activities and events offered throughout the year. For more information about living in Fallon, check out https://livability.com/nv/fallon.
The ideal candidate for the Air Mechanic/Powerplant position will be professional, disciplined, highlyproductive, and responsive to the needs of the company, its customers, and co-workers. This position will maintain, inspect, test, repair, modify, and troubleshoot aircraft engine components and equipment as required in support of the N4G Program and in accordance with applicable publications and governing instructions. This position will apply advanced technical knowledge to solve complex problems and to provide technical assistance, guidance, and instruction to other teammates as needed. This position will require the successful candidate to report to the Reno/Stead facility for orientation, training, and for regular ongoing support of the N4G program.
The key desirable and preferred requirements for this position include:
- Minimum of five years’ work-related skill, knowledge, or experience in organizational-level aircraft maintenance specifically focused on powerplant/engine maintenance.
- Recent experience with high performance military aircraft (F-5/T-38) J85-21C engine strongly preferred.
- Collateral Duty Inspector (CDI) certification.
- Plane Captain certification preferred; or ability to become certified.
- Ability to troubleshoot, service, remove, replace, and overhaul aircraft engine components and systems to ensure airworthiness.
- Must have working knowledge of all aircraft main, auxiliary, secondary power systems, fuel systems, engine level, and bleed air components.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to provide excellent customer service.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with ability to correctly prioritize workload to maintain schedules, deadlines, and standards on assigned projects.
- Ability to manage multiple roles and projects and to see the big picture.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and be adaptable.
- Ability to cross-train into other specialties.
- Ability to read, listen to, and understand information and ideas verbally and in writing.
- Creativity, positivity, and confidence.
- Regular travel to various work sites throughout the U.S. may be required.
- Ability to obtain U.S. government security clearance; must submit to criminal background check and pre-employment drug testing (including for marijuana).
The level of position offered will be dependent upon background and qualifications. If you are a dynamic, selfmotivated individual who is accountable, appreciates challenging yet rewarding work, with a keen interest in aircraft maintenance and solving problems, Tactical Air invites you to apply. All applicants must submit a current resume and completed employment application, which may be obtained at https://tacticalairsupport.com/jobs/.
This position will remain open until filled.
If any candidate requires assistance in accessing or completing an employment application, please contact Human Resources.
Tactical Air is proud to be an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability Employer
Tactical Air Support Company Overview
Our Philosophy and Vision for the Future Since its inception in 2005, Tactical Air has utilized innovative business practices to provide our government and aviation industry partners with an unparalleled consulting and training experience. We are a business modeled after a weapons school with the largest cadre of weapons school instructors, graduates, adversaries and test pilots in the industry. TACTICAL AIRS VISION FOR THE FUTURE IS TO BE THE WORLDS PREMIER Ãƒ CENTER OF EXCELLENCEÂ FOR COMMERCIAL TACTICAL AVIATION TRAINING AND SUPPORT SERVICES. Additionally, we aim to become a repository of world classÂ aviation expertise powered by a cadre of aircrew, tactical and subject matter experts, and maintainers. We attract and retain talent by offering our people a profession, not just a job. The sense of ownership, purpose and meaning that comes with being a member of the Tactical Air team is unique in our industry, affording them a profession with purpose and meaning. Above all we focus on execution, Its not what we do, its how we do it.Â