Principal Aircraft Electrical Systems EngineerJAX
- Jacksonville, Florida
- Annual Salary $135,000.00 - $177,000.00
- Job ID
Principal Aircraft Electrical Systems EngineerJAX job at Tactical Air Support in Jacksonville FL
Description, duties, responsibilities
PRINCIPAL AIRCRAFT ELECTRICAL SYSTEMS ENGINEER
Tactical Air Support, Inc., a national company headquartered in Reno, Nevada, is seeking an experienced Principal Aircraft Electrical Systems Engineer to join our team.
The ideal candidate for this position will execute engineering design, development, test, and analysis of aircraft and aircraft systems to include U.S. Navy F-5N+/F+ series aircraft.
The key desirable and preferred requirements for this position include:
- Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities is qualifying. Please refer to the position profile for complete job description and requirements.
- Ten years' experience in aerospace, defense, or federal contractor industry with background of updating and modifying aircraft and aircraft systems.
- Experience working with and designing electrical drawings, circuit schematics, and block diagrams utilizing software-aided design tools.
- Demonstrated knowledge of sound engineering principles and electronic/electrical systems.
- Knowledgeable of aircraft power, including 28vDC, three-phase 115vAC 400HZ, and 270vDC; aircraft analog interfaces including selsyn, synchro, sin/cos, and variable DC and AC voltages.
- Knowledgeable of computer architecture include Ethernet, RS232/422/485 serial, MIL-STD-1533, ARINC 429, and USB standards; Local Area Networking interface standards and protocols to include Virtual LANs.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Link-16, TCTS, and other aircraft data networks.
- Ability to troubleshoot aircraft electrical and electronic systems and reverse engineer electrical components.
- Troubleshoot RF, antennas, interfaces for Communication, Navigation, and Identification systems, and airborne GPS/INS systems.
- Ability to support airworthiness approval process, including MIL-HDBK-516 and FAA Federal Aviation Regulations.
- Ability to conform to U.S. DoD Communications Security and Transmission Security methods and Controlled Cryptographic Items utilizing government-approved network and email systems.
- Experience with Helmet Mounted Cueing Systems, Air-to-Air Radars and Radar Warning Receiver systems and Garmin Flight Management Systems.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with ability to correctly prioritize workload to maintain schedules, deadlines, and standards on assigned projects.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and be adaptable.
- Ability to read, listen to, and understand information and ideas verbally and in writing.
- Regular travel to various work sites throughout the U.S. required.
- Current U.S. government security clearance.
- This position may be subject to pre-employment and random drug/alcohol screening (including for marijuana).
Tactical Air is proud to be an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability Employer
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.
Tactical Air Support Company Overview
Our Philosophy and Vision for the Future Since its inception in 2005, Tactical Air has utilized innovative business practices to provide our government and aviation industry partners with an unparalleled consulting and training experience. We are a business modeled after a weapons school with the largest cadre of weapons school instructors, graduates, adversaries and test pilots in the industry. Additionally, we aim to become a repository of world class aviation expertise powered by a team of aircrew, tactical and subject matter experts, engineers, and maintainers. We attract and retain talent by offering our people a profession, not just a job. The sense of ownership, purpose and meaning that comes with being a member of the Tactical Air team is unique in our industry, affording them a profession with purpose and meaning. Above all we focus on execution. Its not what we do, its how we do it.