Aviation Ordnance Technician RNO
- Reno, Nevada
- Hourly $35.00 - $39.00
- Job ID
Aviation Ordnance Technician RNO job at Tactical Air Support in Reno NV
Description, duties, responsibilities
AVIATION ORDINANCE TECHNICIAN
Salary Range: $35.00 to $39.00 per hour
Tactical Air Support is Nevada Center for Entrepreneurial Technology (NCET) 2019 Aerospace / Aviation Company of the Year
Tactical Air Support, Inc., a national company operating in 14 states across the country, provides domestic and international "Center of Excellence" training and advisory services in tactical aviation, as well as the production, modification, and sustainment/maintenance of high- performance aircraft, is seeking an experienced Aviation Ordinance Technician to join our team.
The maintenance and production teams support Tactical Air's fleet of fighter aircraft with over 75 years of combined experience in tactical aviation maintenance and more than 30 years of military adversary contract maintenance, modification, repair, and operations. MRO Services staff are a dedicated team comprised of experienced, A&P-certified, and tactical aircraft mechanics, technicians, and logisticians who all work towards ensuring safe and seamless operations.
This position is located in Reno, Nevada. With a population of over 400,000, the Reno/Sparks area is a thriving, growing community nestled along the eastern slope of the Sierra Nevada Mountain range. Reno/Sparks and the surrounding area, including a short drive to beautiful Lake Tahoe, offers a variety of arts and entertainment, an eclectic restaurant scene, and unlimited recreational activities. There is truly something for everyone. Check out https://workliveplayrenotahoe.com/ for more information about living in Reno.
The ideal candidate for the Aviation Ordnance Technician position will be professional, highly- productive, and responsive to the needs of the company and co-workers. This position will perform duties incidental to the inspection, maintenance, and repair of armament equipment including testing aircraft systems, preventive maintenance, loading/fusing ammunition, and arming/ de-arming aircraft. This position will apply advanced technical knowledge to solve complex problems and to provide expertise, technical assistance, guidance, and instruction to other teammates as needed.
The key desirable and preferred requirements for this position include:
- Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities is Please see job description for minimum requirements.
- High school diploma or
- Minimum of four years' previous work-related skill, knowledge, or experience, preferably in the military or with a government aviation maintenance contractor.
- Experience with high performance military aircraft (F-5/T-38).
- Completion of AO courses and specialized courses in aircraft structure
- Government-approved qualifications, certifications, and medical clearance for handling
- Ability to read, listen to, and understand information and ideas verbally, and in
- Ability to cross-train into other specialties
- Ability to manage multiple roles and
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to provide excellent customer
- Strong organizational and time management
- Regular travel to various work sites throughout the S. may be required.
- Ability to obtain U.S. government secret security clearance, submit to criminal background check, and pre-employment drug testing, including for marijuana.
Tactical Air offers a comprehensive benefits package, including (but not limited to) 401K retirement savings plan with employer match, full health/dental/vision care, and life insurance. The level of position offered will be dependent upon background and qualifications. If you are a dynamic, self-motivated individual who appreciates challenging yet rewarding work, with a keen interest in cutting-edge aircraft mission systems development and maintenance, Tactical Air invites you to apply.
If any applicant requires assistance in accessing or completing an employment application, please contact Human Resources.
Tactical Air Support is proud to be an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability Employer
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.
Tactical Air Support Company Overview
Our Philosophy and Vision for the Future Since its inception in 2005, Tactical Air has utilized innovative business practices to provide our government and aviation industry partners with an unparalleled consulting and training experience. We are a business modeled after a weapons school with the largest cadre of weapons school instructors, graduates, adversaries and test pilots in the industry. Additionally, we aim to become a repository of world class aviation expertise powered by a team of aircrew, tactical and subject matter experts, engineers, and maintainers. We attract and retain talent by offering our people a profession, not just a job. The sense of ownership, purpose and meaning that comes with being a member of the Tactical Air team is unique in our industry, affording them a profession with purpose and meaning. Above all we focus on execution. Its not what we do, its how we do it.