Avionics Technician Iii Hot
- El Segundo, California
- Job ID
Avionics Technician Iii job at Teledyne Technologies in El Segundo CA
Description, duties, responsibilities
Since 1964 Teledyne Controls has been working closely with civil and military aircraft operators worldwide. The company counts over 300 airlines among its valued clients including the world s major carriers. We also works directly with the aircraft manufacturers supplying products to the major OEMs such as Airbus and Boeing. Fundamental to our success are our core values which includes dedication to every employee and client s success; Innovation that matters - for our company and for the world; Trust and personal responsibility in all relationships!
Our adaptable suite of products include Data Acquisition and Management Systems Wireless Data Transfer Systems Flight Data Analysis and Investigation Solutions Data Loading Solutions Aircraft Network Systems Aircraft Manufacturer and Supplier. Combined together these products provide comprehensive data management solutions that leverage aircraft data intelligence and create value for our customers.
Are you looking to be part of a dynamic and growing organization? Teledyne Controls is EveryWhereYouLook! and looking for the best available talent to support our growth.
Position Summary and Responsibilities
Teledyne Controls has an exciting opportunity for an Avionics Technician III to join our Customer Repair Group located in El Segundo CA. Under limited supervision this position is responsible for ensuring compliance with FAA regulations for Part 145 repair shop by inspecting testing troubleshooting and repairing equipment used on aircraft.
Key Functions include other duties may be assigned:
- Work on assignments that are complex in nature where judgment is required in resolving problems and making recommendations with minimal assistance.
- Troubleshoot faults in electronic circuits and mechanical systems using various types of test equipment e.g. Special Test Equipment STE Automated Test Equipment ATE data analyzers microprocessors emulators circuit testers oscilloscopes multi-meters thermal chambers and other equipment used in testing and evaluating electronic circuits.
- Remove and replace resistors inductors discrete semiconductors and integrated circuit for troubleshooting purposes.
- Read and interpret production illustrations (PI) component maintenance manual (CMM) wiring diagrams and schematics.
- Visualizing a three-dimensional shape from a two-dimensional view and understanding symbols flag notes and general notes.
- Troubleshooting and fault isolation skills.
- Troubleshoot to component level analog/digital with minimal assistance.
- Associates degree (A. A.) or equivalent from a accredited school in aviation electronics or related field of study and a minimum of five (5) years of experience in aviation and/or airlines and/or similar military experience; OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of reading and interpreting drawings diagrams and manuals; aircraft avionics/other systems; wire coding systems; avionics test equipment
- Skilled usage of basic hand tools operate ground support equipment troubleshoot engine electrical/electronic systems and measuring using a variety of basic and precision measuring devices relating to job function
- Responsible for thoughtful adherence to all Policies Procedures Compliance and regulations (internal and external) as well as FAA regulations.
- Read Speak Write and understand the English language (FAA requirement)
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office application: Word Outlook Excel PowerPoint
- Mandate to participate in the FAA Anti-Drug and Alcohol testing in compliance with 49 CFR part 40 and 14 CFR part 120
- Must be a US Person due to ITAR restrictions. ITAR regulations dictate that information and material pertaining to defense and military related technologies may only be shared with US Persons unless authorization from the Department of State is received or a special exemption is used.
A U.S. person can be:
1. A U.S. citizen;
2. A permanent resident who does not work for a foreign company a foreign government or a foreign governmental agency/organization;
3. A political asylee;
4. A part of the U.S. government or
5. A corporation business organization or group that is incorporated in
the United States under U.S. law.
- Recent IPC-A-610 class 2 soldering preferred
- Repair Station Experience
This is an FAA Safety Sensitive position which requires new hires under this program to pass a pre-employment FAA Drug screening. Employees under this program will be subject to random FAA Drug and Alcohol testing throughout their employment at Teledyne Controls.
Teledyne is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to racecolorreligionreligious creedgendersexual orientationgender identitygender expressiontransgenderpregnancymarital statusnational originancestrycitizenship statusagedisabilityprotected Veteran Statusgenetics or any other characteristic protected by applicable federalstateor local law. If you need assistance or an accommodation while seeking employmentplease email ...@teledyne.com or call (855)###-####. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will receive a response.
Teledyne Technologies Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.