Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
location on map is approximate
Service Technician Assembler
Primary responsibility is general mechanic with background in basic plumbing, basic electricity, some diesel and gasoline engine service and repair, and basic hydraulic repair.Person must be able to follow decision tree trouble shooting, read electrical diagrams, and understand electric over hydraulic controls.This person will report to the assembly supervisor when he is performing his duties as an assembler at the factory, and will report to the Customer Service Manager when he is working outside of the factory.
• Perform assembly and repair of aircraft deicing equipment
• Perform assigned duties both in the factory where equipment is manufactured and at customer locations throughout the world.
Employee will, at times, be provided a vehicle when traveling at the discretion of the company.This may be a company vehicle or a rental vehicle.This employee will be responsible for any vehicle that is in his care/custody/control of when traveling for work.
• Maintain a professional attitude in appearance and actions.
• Performs on the road service calls.
• Provides a written summary of any communication with the customer while on the road.
• Responsible for maintaining all assigned company tools and/or equipment on assigned service truck.
• Responsible for preventive maintenance of assigned company service vehicle while in his possession and to report any irregularities with the service vehicle immediately.
• Responsible for timely completion of necessary work orders, parts orders, delivery reports, time sheets and other paperwork required to document the mechanical work and other duties accomplished in English.
• Manage truck inventory when traveling.
• Performs all other related duties as required by management.
• At least 1 3 years of experience with gas and diesel engine maintenance and repair.
• Employee is expected to maintain the required tool inventory as defined by Premier.
• Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos in English.
• Ability to write detailed correspondence in English.
• Ability to understand basic e mail systems. Ability to utilize Smart Phone applications.
• Ability to effectively present information to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
• Ability to understand basic electricity.
• Must possess a valid drivers license in good standing and to be able to operate any company vehicles within the requirements of our insurance carrier.
Applicant should have a valid passport in good standing or is eligible to receive one within 90 days.
High School Diploma or G.E.D.
LICENSE AND/OR CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
Valid Drivers License with reasonable restrictions.
Travel Requirements:20 30%, some customers may be located internationally
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos in English.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The employee must occasionally lift up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.The work that is needed in this capacity requires physical mobility.As a result, this person will require the ability to climb, crawl, be both nimble and agile.In some cases, fall protection will be needed when the person must test the aerial lift functions of going up and down in the boom.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and hazardous chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. The temperature in the work environment is uncontrolled, so the employee is exposed to both extreme cold and hot temperatures.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or covered veteran status.
Textron is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of, race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
-Pay Transparency Policy Statement-
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise, have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractors legal duty to furnish information.
-Job- Product Support
-Primary Location- US Wisconsin Marinette
-Recruiting Company- Textron Specialized Vehicles
-Schedule- Full time
-Job Level- Individual Contributor
-Shift- First Shift
-Req ID:- 259900
Service Technician Assembler job at Textron
Apply for this Service Technician Assembler position today
Please sign in to apply for this job.