Senior Design Engineer Aerospace Hot
- North Canton, Ohio
- Job ID
Senior Design Engineer Aerospace job at The Timken Company in North Canton OH
Description, duties, responsibilities
Were passionate about applying our expertise to engineer and manufacture applications that will perform in the most challenging environments. Every day more than 20000 associates around the world collaborate to deliver unique solutions and unparalleled value to our customers.
Purpose of Position
This position exists to create Timken product and process designs that meet customer requirements and to support definition understanding and application of engineering specifications and standards that align Timken products with customer needs and manufacturability. The Sr. Design Engineer - Aerospace will flex focus between finished product design and process engineering as directed by resource needs of new product introduction growth projects.
- Translate customer requirements into product designs and specifications using established design rules and engineering practices.
- Create final product and process designs that are aligned with design standards and manufacturing (DFM) requirements.
- Run design algorithms perform calculations and create CAD or product/process design layouts.
- Design and document process steps for product transformation between manufacturing operations per manufacturng standards. Collaborate wtih manufacturing to gain alignment on methodology and design.
- Identify and lead development and improvements to product design and process rules standards engineering systems tools standard work training materials and/or product and process data structure.
- Lead design and process engineering participation in projects that support growth cost reduction or continuous improvement on time to program schedules.
Required Technical/Functional Skills
- Knowledge of mechanical design and understanding of manufacturing processes
- Demonstrated ability to define and/or perform product design work - specifically bearings and related components
- Familiarity with 3D modeling tools and geometric dimensions and tolerances
- Team and communication skills and demonstrated technical capabilities
- Attention to detail and ability to plan and lead individual projects independently
- Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering or related with 3-5 years minimum experience.
- Alternate: Associate degree in Mechanical Engineering or related with 10 years minimum experience.
- Leadership potential that has been demonstrated in on the job project work or other extra-curricular activities.
- Demonstrated results performance on time to agreed deliverables.
- Ability to learn quickly--is flexible and adaptable
- Demonstrated effective communication skills
- Travel Required (|25%)
Note: For training purposes the initial 6-12 months of your career at Timken may involve significant travel to our Timken Aerospace facility in Lebanon NH. Thereafter this position will be located at Timken World Headquarters in North Canton OH.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications abilities experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity race religion color national origin ancestry age disability sexual orientation veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.
The Timken Company Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.