Aviation Risk Management And Quality Assurance Senior Advisor Featured
- Chino, California
- Job ID
Aviation Risk Management And Quality Assurance Senior Advisor job at Thomson Reuters Markets Espana SL in Chino CA
Description, duties, responsibilities
We recognize this is a difficult time for many. At Edison we are doing our part to provide support in these challenging times to safeguard our employees communities customers and candidates. Due to evolving changes related to the COVID-19 situation were exploring alternative ways to safely continue the recruitment and hiring process. As a result you may be asked to leverage digital tools such as video interviewing and/or other formats. Should you advance through the recruitment and hiring process instructions will be provided by our Human Resources team. We appreciate your patience and continued interest in careers with Edison.
Aviation Risk Management and Quality Assurance Senior Advisor
- Job ID: 71032919
- Job Family: Operations Support
- Location: Chino CA US
Join the Clean Energy Revolution
Become an Aviation Risk Management and Quality Assurance Senior Advisor at Southern California Edison (SCE) and build a better tomorrow. In this job you ll be part of the Southern California Aircraft Operations Team. You will be a part of a Professional Helicopter Operation that performs a wide set of missions including Part 133 operations imaging flights passenger flights and Crew Support. The Aviation Risk Management and Quality Assurance Senior Advisor position is a professional position requiring formal aviation training/education and FAA Licensing to perform essential aviation related safety functions (internal and external) as part of the overall Aircraft Operations Department. This role is considered an internal expert in aviation risk management and quality assurance This role is needed to provide continuity in running operations; specifically helping monitor safe operations promote aviation safety and lead all aviation safety incident reviews (internal and with external contractors). The Aviation Risk Management and Quality Assurance Senior Advisor is responsible for the administration of the departments Safety Management System (SMS) program and functions as the Chairman of the Safety Committee. This position monitors safety issues provides safety education investigates incidents and accidents acts as a resident expert on aviation safety matters and makes recommendations to improve safety in the workplace. This position must demonstrate mastery and in-depth knowledge of AC120-92b and relevant safety practices in Helicopter Aviation Management. As an Aviation Risk Management and Quality Assurance Senior Advisor your work will help power our planet reduce carbon emissions and create cleaner air for everyone. Are you ready to take on the challenge to help us build the future?
A day in the life - Get ready to think big work smart and shine bright!
Administer the Aviation Safety Management System including:
- Lead all aviation incident reviews (internal and external with 3rd party contractors)
- Aviation Contractor Safety Management program requires observations e.g. job walks and field visits audits and reviews coordinated with internal and external stakeholders e.g. 3rd party suppliers.
- Coordinate and facilitate bi-annual Contractor Safety Forums.
- Serve as Administrator of the SMS Software.
- Ensure there is an SCE Air Ops safety presence in the industry with various and appropriate industry forums.
- Ensure all aviation safety related documentation are current and accurate.
- Monitor corrective/preventive actions as necessary.
- Research issues for possible solutions or someone else s lesson learned.
- Monitor trends in reporting system and accident and incident reports.
- Provide regular reports to management on program status and compliance.
- Work with all departments within Aircraft operations.
- Monitor / review data from the reported issues for high risk areas.
- Review reoccurring risk(s). Adjust operational risk profile accordingly.
- Manage and revise the Emergency Response Plan (ERP) requires meetings training and ongoing oversight to ensure preparedness. Holds the semiannual drill on the ERP (tail number down drill overdue aircraft).
- Act as liaison with safety organizations on matters of industry safety concerns.
- Ten (10) years of experience in the aviation field
- Certificate in Aviation Safety from an accredited program
- Commercial Rotorcraft Certificate
- Bachelor s Degree in an applicable profession business or technical field of study preferably aviation
- ATP Rotorcraft Certificate
You should know
- Visit our Candidate Resources page to get meaningful information related to benefits perks resources testing information and hiring process and more!
- The primary work location for this position is Chino Airport; however the successful candidate may also be asked to work for an extended amount of time in the field in support of Vendor Audits and Field Observations.
- Position may require up to 50% traveling and being out in the field throughout the SCE service territory and in Vendor field locations within the continental U.S.
- Relocation may apply to this position.
About Southern California Edison
The people at SCE dont just keep the lights on. Our mission is so much bigger. We re fueling the kind of innovation that s changing an entire industry and quite possibly the planet. Join us and create a future with cleaner energy while providing our customers with the safety and reliability they demand. At SCE you ll have a chance to grow personally and professionally making a real impact in Southern California and around the world.
At SCE we celebrate our differences. We are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race color religion sex sexual orientation gender identity national origin age disability protected veteran status or any other protected status.
We are committed to ensuring that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process to perform essential job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodations at (833) ###-####.
Edison/Southern California Edison (SCE) is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race color religion sex sexual orientation gender identity national original age disability protected veteran status or any other protected status. EEO is the Law /Pay Transparency . Edison/SCE participates in: E-Verify Program (English and Spanish ) | Right to Work program (English and Spanish ). Applicants have rights under Employment Laws .
If you require special assistance or accommodation while seeking employment with Southern California Edison please contact Human Resources at (833) ###-#### or (800) ###-#### (Telecommunications device for the hearing impaired - TTY).
Please be aware of scammers posing as recruiters or employers using reputable company names with the intention to collect confidential and/or financial information. If you receive an unsolicited or suspicious job offer or application that claims to be from Edison International or Southern California Edison please report it to our security team at (626) ###-####.
Edison Energy and its subsidiaries are not the same company as Southern California Edison the utility and they are not regulated by the California Public Utilities Commission.
Thomson Reuters Markets Espana SL Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.