Quality Engineer Featured
- Arizona City, Arizona
- Job ID
Quality Engineer job at Times Microwave Systems in Arizona City AZ
Description, duties, responsibilities
Excellent opportunity to join the Times team!
The Quality Engineer assists the Quality Manager in providing leadership for the Quality Engineering and Inspection functions. The Quality Engineer works closely with Operations Engineering Sales and Program Management to identify problems investigate causes and recommend/implement solutions that improve product quality. This includes maintaining metrics and indicators to identify trends that adversely affect product quality and business performance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Support and assure compliance with AS9100 and ISO9001 standards.
- Develop and implement quality control systems.
- Sustain/develop metrics to monitor and analyze internal and external quality performance.
- Collaborate with Operations for new product introduction and program launches to ensure customer requirements are met processes are validated and inspection plans are developed.
- Facilitate customer/RMA returns.
- Work with the Quality Manager to facilitate Root Cause and Corrective Action initiatives using the CAPA (Corrective and Preventive Action) system to track and address customer non-conformance issues.
- Verify effectiveness of problem resolution by monitoring production performance after corrective action implementation.
- Interface and work with customers on quality-related matters.
- Help drive a root-cause company culture with respect to problem solving.
- Work with the TMS Quality Department to develop implement and maintain procedures in compliance with industry standards.
- Develop methodology to identify and help implement process improvements.
- Help facilitate training systems to ensure proper workforce development and competence.
- BS Degree in Engineering or related field
- Minimum 1 year experience working in a Lean Manufacturing environment
- 2 years of experience in a Quality role preferred
- Experience utilizing Quality tools including: FMEA Fishbone 5 Why 8D Value Stream Map Process Flow etc.
- Working knowledge of AS9100 OHSAS 18001 and IPC requirements
- Excellent problem-solving statistical and analytical skills
- Excellent computer skills including expert proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with Aerospace industries a plus
- Experience in First Article Inspections a plus
Times Microwave Systems Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.