Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
PURPOSE: This position is Leader of several staff and adjunct positions responsible for the flight and ground instruction of Private Pilot students in the Aviation Applied Science program with Treasure Valley Community College (TVCC). This person will report to the TVCC Director Aviation Technology for all aspects of program operations. Provides flight, simulator, and ground instruction in accordance with Part 61 and 141, FAA regulations, Airmen’s Information Manual, advisory circulars, airport operations, and Treasure Valley Community College (TVCC) policies and procedures.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Oversee a program of flight and ground instruction for TVCC Private Pilot training in airplanes and gliders for the AAS Degree
- Supervise and schedule leased aircraft operations and maintenance for TVCC Private Pilot Training
- Develop and submit instructional schedules to the Director Aviation Technology
- Assist in hiring, management and evaluation of flight instructors
- Work with the TVCC Advisor and Student Services personnel regarding Aviation student records, transcripts and VA or financial aid accounts
- Provide flight and/or ground instruction as a primary duty
- Participate in student recruitment activities
- Schedule students and ensure that course standards, training requirements, and objectives are met by each student in each flight course
- Accurately maintain all appropriate records to include student training record, student logbook, and computerized records
- Monitor the maintenance condition of the training aircraft and inform maintenance personnel of any questionable items in a timely manner
- Recommend curriculum and courseware improvements when appropriate and develop new curriculum or courseware as assigned
- Attend administrative, standardization, in-service training, and instructor development meetings as assigned
To be eligible for the position of Lead Flight Instructor the incumbent must:
- Hold an Associate Degree or higher in any area of emphasis
- Hold a commercial pilot certificate or an airline transport pilot certificate, and a current certified flight instructor rating (CFI) for single engine land and glider
In addition the applicant must meet the following requirements:
- Meet the pilot-in-command flight experience requirements of 14 CFR •61 for recent flight experience under 61.57;
- Hold a current Medical (basic or higher)
· At least 500 hours as pilot in command; and
· Flight training experience, acquired as either a certificated flight instructor or an instructor in a military pilot flight training program, or a combination thereof, consisting of at least -
o 1 year and a total of 250 flight hours; -OR-
o 500 flight hours in flight training.
Bachelors degree (or higher); one year of experience with flight or ground instruction in a military flight program; or with a school operating under 14CFR141 or in combination with Part 61. Desired experience includes 30 hours solo flight time in gliders.
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
Lead Instructor job at Treasure Valley Comm College
Apply for this Lead Instructor position today
Please sign in to apply for this job.
Apply for these great jobs today!