Supplier Quality Engineer Contract Hot
- Garden City, New York
- Job ID
Supplier Quality Engineer Contract job at Trigo Global Quality Solutions in Garden City NY
Description, duties, responsibilities
Supplier Quality Engineer - (Aerospace) - Garden City NY
For over 30 years TRIGO Quality Solutions US Inc.(Formerly the PIC Group) has remained the leading provider of full-service quality solutions servicing the automotive aerospace and manufacturing industries throughout the United States Canada and most recently Mexico. As the only full-service quality solutions provider of its kind TRIGOs team of over 8000 professionals provide containment inspection quality engineering consultants training and supplier development services in over 20 countries. Not only do our quality solutions help customers meet their immediate needs but they help to rectify quality issues long term. With our extensive geographic footprint we are the largest global provider of quality solutions with the ability to respond quickly and effortlessly when and where our customers need us.
Please visit our website at:.trigo-group
Think youd make a good addition to the team? Come build a future with us!
The Supplier Quality Engineer will evaluate and/or appraise suppliers manufacturing capabilities to baseline their processes for conformance to various documented commodity checklists and/or QMS special processes. Establishes part quality evaluation plans from materials requests through material receipt (full life-cycle). Provides resolution and disposition of non-conformance materials to ensure adequate corrective action.
- The Supplier Quality Engineer is highly supplier-focused requiring excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written) to manage supplier quality assurance responsibilities and ensure compliance across and at all levels of the organization on major programs from design through production stages.
- Evaluation of manufacturing functions and processes to ensure Quality Standards are in place
- Evaluation of inspection and testing processes mechanisms and equipment; and performs statistical analysis to assess the cost of and determine the responsibility for products or materials that do not meet required standards and specifications.
- Participate in QMS Audits for process deficiency and correction.
- Ensures that corrective measures meet acceptable reliability standards and that documentation is compliant with requirements.
- Interact in the areas of design incoming material production control product evaluation and reliability inventory control and/or research and development as they apply to product or process quality.
- Involved in lean and six-sigma quality engineering methodologies.
- Will have hands-on knowledge and experience of mechanical (Machine Shop) components assembly subsystem and system level concepts.
- Strong emphasis on RCCA and CAPA experience.
- Understand of FMEA and Process Improvements and Standardization of Processes
- Minimum 3-5 years with LEAN Manufacturing Application experience.
- 3-5 years experience in areas of Quality Engineering such as: FMEA SPC RCCA Process Control Product Evaluation and Auditing
- 2-3 years working knowledge and experience with ISO9000 and AS9100 QMS Processes especially in Production and Quality Engineering
- 2-3 years working knowledge and experience with Aircraft Parts and Material Conformity Inspections
- 3-5 years FAI experience with AS9102 (FAI) standards.
- 3-5 years knowledge and experience with inspection methods techniques and protocols.
- Very strong experience in understanding and the application of Engineering Mechanical Processes Standard Drawings Conventions Interpreting Drawing Specifications and GD&T (ASME Y14.5)
- 3-5 years experience in understanding and the application of Electronic Assembly Process and Inspection Standard Conventions (IPC-610 J-Std-001) Interpreting Schematic Diagrams and Specifications
- Strong English verbal and written communication skills
- Reliable transportation must have current/active drivers license
- U.S. citizenship required
NOTE: Candidate must have an extreme proficiency in GD&T and a diverse mechanical background.
Required Education (including certifications):
- In lieu of a Degree 6+ years of hands-on experience as a Quality Engineering in an Aerospace Manufacturing Environment
- High School or GED
Preferred Education and Skills (including certifications):
- Bachelors degree is preferred from an accredited college in technical discipline (e.g. Industrial Engineering Mechanical Engineering Quality Management)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Products (Excel Outlook PowerPoint Word)
- Compatible certifications or related college courses
- Team-minded communicative proactive stress-resistant assertive
- Strong interpersonal communication and problem-solving skills
TRIGO Quality Solutions US Inc.is committed to the core values of equal employment opportunity. We are committed to treating people fairly and with respect and dignity. We offer employment opportunities based upon an individuals qualifications and performance free from discrimination or harassment because of race ancestry place of origin ethnic origin color citizenship creed sex sexual orientation age marital status family status and disability.
Trigo Global Quality Solutions Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.