Flight Follower or Dispatcher Featured
- Belleville, Michigan
- Hourly $22.00
- Job ID
Flight Follower or Dispatcher job at USA JET Airlines in Belleville MI
Description, duties, responsibilities
The Dispatchers are responsible to the Manager of Flight Following. Responsible for controlling all aircraft operations under direct authority of the Director of Operations to assure the highest level of efficiency, safety, and customer service. In the absence of the Chief Dispatcher/Assistant Chief Dispatcher, he or she will exercise the functions of operational control of all flight operations and immediately advise the Director of Operations of any possible variances in the General Operations Manual, FAR’s or normal operations.
- Schedule, assign and control all aircraft utilization.
- Coordinate all maintenance problems with Maintenance Department.
- Schedule crews to assure proper equipment coverage, utilization and time control within established policies and applicable regulations.
- Execute flight release as required with the pilot-in-command in accordance with all applicable rules and regulations.
- Maintain constant vigilance of restrictive meteorological conditions as they apply to company operations and advise all departments of recommended course of action as conditions dictate.
- Track all aircraft and crew status.
- Report and record all irregularities, which involve safety or emergency measures as specified in the Flight Following Manual.
- Maintain an accurate log of all irregularities associated with Flight Operations.
- Render such action as necessary to provide assistance to customer’s critical needs in accordance with existing policy and agreements.
- Collect, disseminate and distribute through coordination channels all information regarding Operational Control problems, which require immediate attention. Expedite follow-up action as required to resolve such problems.
- Maintain current knowledge and understanding of all Operating Manuals and regulatory requirements pertinent to areas of responsibility and authority.
- Ensure all regulatory procedures are in accordance with the Flight Following Manual.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Education and/or Experience Required
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- FAR 121 Dispatch Certificate required
- Experience in both 135 and 121 flight following departments is preferred
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities Required
- Knowledge of all applicable regulatory requirements
- Solid communications skills – both verbal and written
- Ability to read, write and speak English fluently
- Ability to work effectively in a team as well as independently
- Demonstrated ability to identify and resolve issues
- Capability to creatively solve problems
- Must be able to think and react quickly with a sense of urgency to time-sensitive problem situations.
- Must be able to remain calm during adverse conditions.
- Computer software knowledge of key Microsoft Office platforms including Microsoft Word and Excel preferred
- Basic geography knowledge preferred. Applicants should understand the locations of US States and Canadian Provinces – including major cities thereof
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee is frequently required to:
- reach/handle items
- work with their hands
- read and work with small print
- talk and hear others in conversations via the phone or in person
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee is occasionally required to:
- lift and/or move items up to 20 pounds
- The noise level is usually moderate. Noise level can increase to loud when aircraft is taxiing in the area.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- USA Jet Airlines, Inc. Flight Following personnel must satisfactorily complete the training and testing requirements defined in the USA Jet Flight Operations Training Manual
- USA Jet Airlines, Inc. Flight Following personnel must maintain currency as a qualified Flight Follower at USA Jet Airlines
USA JET Airlines Company Overview
With access to more aircraft and surface transportation vehicles than any competitor, we offer the industry's most cost-effective expedited freight solutions. Unlike competitors who fill their own vehicles first, we search the entire market for the best available expedited solution for every shipment. Then we back our service with advanced technology and the 3PL industry's most experienced transportation professionals. The result? Unparalleled peace of mind for your expedited shipments.