Ground Service Agent Featured
- Belleville, Michigan
- Hourly $14.00 - $15.00
- Job ID
Ground Service Agent job at USA JET Airlines in Belleville MI
Description, duties, responsibilities
SUMMARY: Responsible for Fueling, De-Icing and aircraft loading. Also Ramp Operations and Towing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Duties and responsibilities consist of and include, but are not limited to the following:
- Fueling: Knowing all aspects of our fueling operations and equipment so that we may provide Aircraft with excellent fuel that meets the standard set by the industry and the departments governing aviation fuels.
- Towing: Acquired skills to maneuver aircraft on and around the Ramp area.
- Marshaling: Possessing the ability to instruct through the use of hand signaling as well as demonstrating the use of signals using Day or Night Signaling Wands to personnel inside of aircraft performing start ups, disconnects, etc.
- Ensuring proper fuel loads are placed on aircraft. Teams supply power to the aircraft for engine starts, battery charging and preflight inspection of aircraft.
- Providing F.B.O. (Fixed Base Operations) Services to include Catering Ice and other services. Baggage handling, and Lav Services
- Supply Ground Power and Airstarts: Applying power to aircraft for: Engine Starts, Preflight Inspections, Maintenance Checks
- Water De-ice Operations: Application of Gycol to the aircraft for De-ice Operation, Anti icing Operation, Supplying pilots with Hold-Over times.
- Loading and off loading aircraft and trucks.
- Securing all freight in aircraft and trucks with the supervision of respective crew members
- Repackaging freight if necessary.
- Weighing and labeling the freight as it is received for shipment.
- Insuring equipment is ready and fueled as it relates to the FBO mission
- Washing company vehicles.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals; write routine reports and correspondence; speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals; compute rate, ratio, and percent; and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions; interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
Experience in cargo, forklift, loading and off loading aircraft is helpful.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, and climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 100 pounds and frequently lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly works in wet, humid conditions, near moving mechanical parts, in high, precarious places, around fumes or airborne particles, in outdoor weather conditions, in extreme cold and heat, with explosives, and near vibration. The employee is occasionally works around toxic or caustic chemicals. There is a risk of electrical shock and radiation.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
USA JET Airlines Company Overview
With access to more aircraft and surface transportation vehicles than any competitor, we offer the industry's most cost-effective expedited freight solutions. Unlike competitors who fill their own vehicles first, we search the entire market for the best available expedited solution for every shipment. Then we back our service with advanced technology and the 3PL industry's most experienced transportation professionals. The result? Unparalleled peace of mind for your expedited shipments.