QC Junior Inspector Urgent
- Belleville, Michigan
- Hourly $25.50
- Job ID
QC Junior Inspector job at USA JET Airlines in Belleville MI
Description, duties, responsibilities
SUMMARY: All Junior Inspectors are appointed by and accountable to the Quality Assurance Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSBILITES:
- Junior Inspectors, under the direction and supervision of the Quality Assurance Manager and Senior Inspectors, shall learn to ensure that all preventive maintenance, repairs, and alterations on airframe, powerplant, appliances, and propellers are completed in accordance with applicable Maintenance Manuals, FARs, and Company Policies and Procedures
- Learn to perform Airworthiness Releases for maintenance accomplished on aircraft/engines and appliances
- Learn to perform Required Inspections for maintenance accomplished on aircraft/engines and appliances
- Learn to perform receiving inspections on all parts and materials entering the USA Jet supply system
- Learn to perform the requirements of RVSM Inspections for Continued Airworthiness
- Learn to perform aircraft Weight and Balance
- Learn to perform updating, reviewing, and auditing of Kardex, Spreadsheets, and AMOS
- Responsible to actively participate in USA Jet Safety Programs and Safety Management System. Required to report all safety concerns in a timely manner. Required to ensure that they and their co-workers are performing their functions in the safest possible manner. Required to follow the standards of the Occupational Safety and Health organization with legal authority at the location at which they are working
- Learn to perform Tech Representation during Aircraft Heavy Maintenance/ Modification Performed away from main base
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as directed by the Quality Assurance Manager
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: Hold a mechanic certificate with both airframe and powerplant ratings.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is frequently required to walk; sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Must be able to read prints and check color coded equipment while working on aircraft installations.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts; in high, precarious places; and in outside weather conditions and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, extreme cold, extreme heat, and risk of radiation. While performing the duties of this job, there is a slight risk of electrical shock.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Sometimes gets very loud while working around running aircraft engines.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- USA Jet Airlines, Inc. Aircraft Maintenance personnel must be able to travel on short notice to perform line maintenance and/or aircraft recovery/repairs as needed. This will require having an overnight bag packed at all times and being ready to travel with little or no notice, for indefinite periods of time.
- As part of the above-referenced travel requirements, Aircraft Maintenance Personnel must have a valid passport within 90 days of hire at USA Jet Airlines, Inc. at the employee’s expense.
- To be able to perform the job of an Aircraft Mechanic/Technician, employees are required to possess the minimum tools as outlined on departmental tool list.
- As part of the job responsibilities of an Aircraft Mechanic/Technician, new hires will be required to complete the TSA Security Training Program, which is provided by USA Jet Airlines.
- Must be able to successfully pass an initial, and random, Drug and Alcohol screening process as required by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), and a Fingerprint Based Criminal History Records Check (CHRC) and/or Security Threat Assessment (STA) as required by the Transportation Security Administration (TSA).
- USA Jet Airlines is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
USA JET Airlines Company Overview
With access to more aircraft and surface transportation vehicles than any competitor, we offer the industry's most cost-effective expedited freight solutions. Unlike competitors who fill their own vehicles first, we search the entire market for the best available expedited solution for every shipment. Then we back our service with advanced technology and the 3PL industry's most experienced transportation professionals. The result? Unparalleled peace of mind for your expedited shipments.