Quality Control Inspector Featured
- Belleville, Michigan
- Job ID
Quality Control Inspector job at USA Jet Airlines in Belleville MI
Description, duties, responsibilities
Inspectors report directly to the Q.A. Manager. The Inspector shall have an appropriate airmen certificate.
Perform required inspections on aircraft engines and appliances to ensure all maintenance performed conforms to USA Jet Airlines standards and is accomplished within the guidelines of the Federal Aviation Regulations.
- Perform receiving inspections on all parts and materials entering the USA Jet Airlines supply system.
- Perform required inspections for maintenance accomplished on aircraft/engines and appliances.
- Update and monitor all Airworthiness Directives and all tracked items required by the USA Jet Airlines approved MIP manuals.
- Review all completed aircraft flight log pages and inspection packages for accuracy and completeness.
- Shall ensure that all preventive maintenance repairs and alterations on Airframe Powerplant Appliances and Propellers are completed in accordance with applicable Maintenance Manuals FARs and Company Policies and Procedures.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as directed by the Inspection Supervisor.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Education and/or Experience Required
Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) License required. Minimum of 3 years of experience on large aircraft such as DC-9 MD80 or B-727; or equivalent combination of education or experience.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities Required
- FAA Airframe and Powerplant certificates required. Must possess a valid U.S. Drivers License.
- Must have some working knowledge of Federal Aviation Regulations part 21 25 43 91 119 and 121.
- Ability to read write and speak English fluently
- Must be able to think and react quickly with a sense of urgency to time-sensitive problem situations
- Must be able to remain calm during adverse conditions
- Language - Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Reasoning - Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written oral diagram or schedule form.
- Mathematical - Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts interest commissions proportions percentages area circumference and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Windows Word Outlook and Excel preferred.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger handle or feel objects tools or controls. and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; sit; climb or balance; stoop kneel crouch or crawl; and talk or hear.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds; frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds; and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision distance vision color vision peripheral vision depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. Aircraft and engine inspections to determine airworthiness (near and far vision required). Color coded bands on various systems require color vision for quick and positive identification.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job the employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts. The employee occasionally works in wet humid conditions; in high precarious places; with fumes or airborne particles; with toxic or caustic chemicals in outdoor weather conditions extreme cold extreme heat with explosives and near vibration. There is a slight risk of electrical shock.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. Operating jet engines and engine driven power carts.
- USA Jet Airlines Inc. Q.C Inspectors must be able to travel to C-Check facilities as the Inspection Representative during heavy maintenance and modification.
- As part of the above-referenced travel requirements Q.C. Inspectors must have a valid passport within 90 days of hire at USA Jet Airlines Inc. at the employees expense.
- Must be able to successfully pass an initial and random Drug and Alcohol screening process as required by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and a Fingerprint Based Criminal History Records Check (CHRC) and/or Security Threat Assessment (STA) as required by the Transportation Security Administration (TSA).
- USA Jet Airlines is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
USA Jet Airlines Company Overview
USA JET Airlines - With access to more aircraft and surface transportation vehicles than any competitor, we offer the industrys most cost-effective expedited freight solutions. Unlike competitors who fill their own vehicles first, we search the entire market for the best available expedited solution for every shipment. Then we back our service with advanced technology and the 3PL industrys most experienced transportation professionals. The result? Unparalleled peace of mind for your expedited shipments.