Passenger Service Supervisor Featured
- Freeland, Michigan
- Job ID
Passenger Service Supervisor job at Unifi Aviation in Freeland MI
Description, duties, responsibilities
- Supervises and coordinates daily activities of employees to ensure safe and effective operations.
- Monitors and enforces safe working habits in accordance with OSHA/TSA/DOT/USPS regulations Unifi policies and safety procedures and all applicable laws.
- Responsible for shift schedule to include: workstation assignments employee training employee vacations employee breaks overtime assignments back-up for absent employees and shift rotations.
- Enforces company policies and procedures including disciplinary action and promotes Unifi policies on Equal Employment Opportunity professional conducts and diversity initiatives and investigates and responds to employee relations issues in a timely manner.
- Communicates with manager concerning ay problems or issues.
- Schedules and conducts shift meetings.
- Assists in the administration of payroll; completes shift paperwork and performs other administrative functions.
- Performs job duties of assigned shift (i.e. Assist passengers through arrival and check-in processes; including support for passengers with special needs such as unaccompanied minors VIP and wheelchair assistance handle ticketing boarding baggage reservations and resolving complaints and problems direct passengers etc.).
- Performs other related duties as assigned within the appropriate skill and experience capabilities expected for this position.
- Must be a local (in-state) resident.
- Valid In-State Driver s License.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screen.
- Ability to pass up to a 10-year background check.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986.
- Must complete ramp and SIDA training to obtain airport authority identification security.
- Two+ years of relevant experience. Must be open minded and ready to work as part of a detail-oriented team.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong work ethic.
- Ability to work in a team oriented environment.
- Ability to type and or use a computer keyboard with sufficient speed to meet the requirements of the role.
- Able to understand documents learn and follow ticketing procedures and other rules and regulations.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Four+ years of relevant experience.
- Relevant supervisory experience.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Able to communicate information and instructions verbally and/or via radio equipment.
- Able to communicate effectively in a professional manner.
- Strong leadership qualities and ability to create a passionate and efficient workforce.
- Able to effectively resolve employee conflicts.
- Ability to apply creative solutions that have a positive impact on results.
- You will need to have flexibility to work a variety of shifts including nights weekends holidays and overtime. We operate in a shift bid environment.
- Must be able to be alert to moving vehicles or aircraft and use radio equipment.
- Enjoy the outdoors on a daily basis (sun rain sleet or snow!) May be exposed to a wide variety of weather conditions jet and machinery noises fumes dirt and dust for extended periods.
- Must be able to lift / carry / push / pull and move items of 70 pounds and/or more on a regular basis and repetitively lift weights of 40 to 50 pounds on raised surfaces.
- Must be able to walk climb bend kneel crawl and stoop on a frequent basis and for extended periods.
- Must be able to work in cramped or high places.
- Must be able to carry heavy items up and down jet way stairs.
- Supervise team of Customer Service Agents and Leads.
- Unifi is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Unifi Aviation Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.