Design Engineer Digital Technology Hot
- Miami, Florida
- Job ID
Design Engineer Digital Technology job at Unilode in Miami FL
Description, duties, responsibilities
Unilode owns and manages approximately 120000 ULDs for more than 40 airline customers across a global network of 480 airports and 50 repair centers. Our asset management and repair services for ULDs galley carts and ground support equipment are designed to enable our customers to focus on their core business of flying passengers and cargo while delivering significant cost savings and operational benefits to their business.
In this standalone position the Design Engineer will take ownership of Unilodes Digital Technology Programs involving "Transmitting Portable Electronic Device" (TPED) in a highly regulated industry.
The ideal candidate will be a mechanically and technically motivated individual who can work on the progressive design of Unilodes TPED to include research/development and improvements in support of Unilodes Digital Transformation (Projects) expected to advance our current and future marketing growth and opportunities related to our Digital Solutions.
- Design an advanced development of Unilodes tagging solution
- Continuous improvement of our TPED Tags and Attachment Methods
- Evaluation of Tag losses; propose design changes and coordination of changes with the Original Equipment Manufacturers
- Align with the manufacturer and OEMs on realization of tag designs
Training and Support:
- Create interface control documents and standard procedures
- Assure the availability of training material specifications manuals video material etc.
- Establish improvement programs for stations with tagging quality issues
- Audit MRO stations on deployment processes
Tag Deployment Programs:
- Sales Process: responsible for establishing tag deployment programs and cost calculations
- Interact with customers during design reviews system tests and implementation
- After-Sales: Responsible for the realization of the tag deployment process (does not include tag distribution etc.)
- Expand Unilodes Footprint in other design opportunities (e.g. Galley Carts)
Coordination of Rules and Regulations
- Design/Development in accordance with regulatory and contractual requirements
- Align with internal and external stakeholders on regulatory documentation
- Liaise with Original Equipment Manufacturers on requirements and documents
- Aviation and/or regulatory experience required.
- Bachelors degree in Engineering or an appropriate discipline or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5+ years of relevant engineering experience.
- Experience in the design and development.
- Strong knowledge of engineering principles (structural and/or electrical)
- Experience dealing with regulatory agencies and providing necessary documentation.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral).
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products (Word Excel Outlook and PowerPoint)
- Competitive compensation
- 16 days of paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Medical Dental Vision and Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- 401(k) plan with company match
Apply for This Job
Unilode Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.