Customer Service Agent Presque Isle International Airport Featured
- Presque Isle, Michigan
- Job ID
Customer Service Agent International Airport job at United Ground Express in Presque Isle MI
Description, duties, responsibilities
United Ground Express(UGE) a subsidiary of United Airlines Inc. supports airline customers andflights at many airports across the United States. The services we provideinclude customer check-in baggage handling and servicing of the aircraft onthe ground in preparation for the next flight. We assist customers from themoment they arrive at an airport through departure to their next destination.UGE is growing to expand to specific airports across the continental UnitedStates.
A jobwith United Ground Express will provide you with an exciting fast-pacedenvironment the chance to leverage existing skills and learn new skills andan opportunity to grow a career in the airline industry.
Andto top it all off you will get travel privileges through United Airlinesgiving you access to one of the world s most comprehensive global networks.
Inside the airport
- Greet and check in customers
- Handle travel reservations and boarding passes
- Safely and efficiently managing aircraft arrivals and departures
- Customer care resolution
- Facilitate the boarding process
- Locate displaced baggage
- Provide wheelchair assistance
Outside on the ramp
- Working safely outside in all weather elements
- Must be able to Climb stoop bend and work in tight spaces
- Required to continuously lift up to 70 lbs.
- Load unload and transfer baggage cargo and mail on and off aircraft
- Cleaning aircraft interiors including lavatories
- Operating large mechanical equipment
- Read and interpret aircraft load sheets baggage tags cargo labels in accordance with UGE and FAA regulations and policies
An agent s shift at UGE couldinclude anything from checking customers in at the ticket counter to unloadingbags from the airplane s cargo hold. The conditions and tasks vary but theyalways have the same goal: delivering the highest quality customer servicewhile meeting the highest performance and safety standards.
When customers arrive at theairport they look to our agents to assist them with reservations baggagemobility services and any other questions or concerns they may have.
At the gate agents manage the boarding process and help customers in the event of operational challenges by rebooking and determining alternative flight options.
Employees are also responsible for the safe and on-time journey of bags. Agents accept tag and safely transport and load baggage and cargo.
The work environment can present unique challenges including noise weather and operational demands.
Once agents have helped all customers board the plane they finish loading the baggage and close the cargo door. Then it s time to marshal the airplane to the runway and prepare for the next arrival.
Applicants must be able to lift baggage up to 70 pounds in the lobby planeside and in the confinement of an airplane s cargo hold.
Work schedules will span a 24/7 operation including weekends holidays and overtime as needed. Flexible work shifts will be assigned and can include late nights and early mornings.
Regular attendance and punctuality in accordance with United Ground Express policies are required. Overtime available/required depending upon operational need.
- High school diploma/GED or equivalent required
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must possess and maintain a valid U.S. state drivers license (suspended expired revoked or denied licenses are not valid)
- Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. for any employer without sponsorship
- Must be able to clear a United Ground Express background check and a fingerprint-based criminal history check
- Must be eligible to obtain and maintain credentials necessary for the position. Position-specific clearances include but are not limited to FAA TSA Port Authority U.S. Customs and U.S. Postal Service clearances
- Must be able to pass a pre-placement physical abilities test hearing and vision tests and drug screen
- Must comply with United Ground Express Anti-Drug and Alcohol Misuse Prevention Policy
- Because of the customer-facing nature of the job previous service-related experience (such as in retail or hospitality and warehouse experience) is helpful.
United Ground Express Inc. Isan Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receiveconsideration for employment without regard to race color religion sexsexual orientation gender identity national origin or protected veteran statusand will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United Ground Express Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.