Assistant associate Professor Of Aviation Tenure Track Featured
- Warrensburg, Missouri
- Job ID
Assistant associate Professor Of Aviation Tenure Track job at University of Central Missouri in Warrensburg MO
Description, duties, responsibilities
The purpose of this position is to develop curriculum deliver instruction evaluate student performance and conduct assessment activities in support of the missions of the School of Aviation. Primary area of focus will be the academic coursework associated with either the Airport Management or Professional Pilot concentrations. Courses for this position will include on of the two following areas:
Aviation Hisotry Aviation Management Airport Operations Airport Leadership Air Transportation Corporate Aviation Aviation Safety Aviation Law Professional Ethics in Aviation etc. (AAAE CM would be preferred).
- FAA Ground Schools (private instrument commercial) Aviation Weather Propulsion Systems and Components Air Transportation Corporate Aviation Aviation Safety Aviation Accident Causation etc. (CFI Ground School would be preferred).Education and Formal Training Masters degree (Specify field(s) of study below) Formal training (specify) Other Education and Formal Training
- Masters degree in Aviation related (non-aviation related degrees may be acceptable with aviation related industry experience).
Doctorate degree is preferred.
- For Professional Pilot concentration CFI Certificate is preferred. For Airport Management concentration AAAE Certified Member is preferred.Computer Skills Experience
- Two years of practical aviation related experience/aviation related educational experience.
- Teaching or training delivery experience is desirable.Special Skills Abilities and Knowledge: Communication skills including oral written and/or nonverbal Human Relations/Interpersonal skills Physical abilities: mobility/strength/dexterity/balance/coordination/endurance Other Special Skills Abilities and Knowledge Physical and Environmental Factors: Exposure to extreme temperatures Exposure to fumes and/or chemicals Exposure to heights Exposure to loud noises Special Working Conditions: Travel required Irregular work hours Ability to Keyboard