Engineer Spacecraft Mechanical thermal Job Id 10446 Hot
- Logan, Utah
- Job ID
Engineer Spacecraft Mechanical thermal Job Id 10446 job at Utah State University Space Dynamics Laboratory in Logan UT
Description, duties, responsibilities
The Space Dynamics Laboratory (SDL) is seeking skilled mechanical/thermal engineers for exciting relevant NASA small satellite projects such as the Sun Radio Interferometer Space Experiment (SunRISE) () and proposals for NASA opportunities with missions in Low Earth Orbit to planetary small spacecraft. The mechanical/thermal engineers are responsible for thermal design analysis and testing of small satellites. They may act as the mechanical project lead for concept and requirement development mechanical design thermal analysis thermal vacuum testing as well as providing technical support to related proposal efforts.
SDL a University Affiliated Research Center has been developing innovative technologies and solutions for cutting-edge DoD and intelligence programs for almost six decades. Our expertise is in space and airborne IR VIS UV and RF sensors small satellite technologies test and calibration cybersecurity data visualization and assurance and ground stations.
- BS degree in mechanical engineering or related technical field (i.e. aerospace engineering)
- 3+ years of related experience
- Proficient in the use of Thermal Desktop and thermal analysis tools
- Familiarity with small satellites and/or the space environment
- Ability to communicate clearly with individuals of varying technical and professional backgrounds
- Must be a US citizen and be able to obtain a U.S. Government security clearance
- MS in mechanical engineering
- 10+ years of related experience
- Experience with spacecraft or space flight instrument thermal analysis
- Experience with Solid Edge
- Familiar in the use of FEMAP for pre- and post-processing of finite element models and knowledge of NASTRAN for structural analysis
At SDL we take pride in and highly value our employees. SDL offers competitive salaries and a fantastic benefits package including:
- Flexible work schedules
- Generous annual sick and holiday paid leave
- A variety of inexpensive-premium high-quality health dental vision and life insurance options
- Generous employer retirement contribution (Up to 14.2% of annual gross earnings)
- Discounted USU tuition of 50% for employees and dependents
- Access to USU facilities and USU staff privileges
Instructions to applicants:
Along with the online application please attach:
1) Cover Letter
Please contact us if you do not receive a confirmation email within 24 hours of applying.
Utah State University Space Dynamics Laboratory Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.