Quality Engineer Featured
- Springfield, New Jersey
- Job ID
Quality Engineer job at Valcor Engineering Corporation in Springfield NJ
Description, duties, responsibilities
Valcor Engineering is one of the largest and most recognized suppliers of fluid control products in the aircraft aerospace and military fields. We specialize in the design and manufacture of Solenoid Valves and control components for liquids and gases in critical application in the aerospace nuclear light industrial and scientific industries.
This position is responsible for Quality activities for the Valcor Engineering Corp. site which includes ensuring that the company s products conform to all specifications and customer requirements. This role directs activities associated with maintaining all company certifications and all external agency approvals such as AS9100D certification ASME certification NADCAP; NUPIC. The Quality Engineer oversees the configuration management and quality assurance processes as well as serving as the interface with customers and vendors on all quality related topics.
- Senior management and functional accountability for the operation of Valcor s quality Management System and Quality Assurance processes both in the office and factory
- Work closely with all key functions to integrate a Quality mindset into every aspect of Valcor s business
- Oversee Valcor s quality processes to obtain and maintain perfect customer metrics
- Ensure that the company s products conform to all specifications and customer requirements
- Ensure world-class quality levels are established at the product design stage and quality system is focused on process control working in conjunction with lean manufacturing systems.
- Develop data-driven and customer-focused capabilities that result in measurable improvements in product process and supplier quality customer support responsiveness and product reliability
- Responsible for assuring that customer quality requirements have been adequately defined to permit appropriate quality planning and implementation and that the quality requirements have been met.
- Develop implement and sustain all quality systems. Champion and facilitate the use of LEAN/ Six Sigma and other quality tools for quality and process improvement
- Establish realistic quality goals and supporting tactics to achieve the company business plans.
- Achieve optimum balance among prevention appraisal and failure costs.
- Direct/oversee the activities associated with maintaining company certifications as well as external agency approvals such as AS9100D certification ASME certification NADCAP NUPIC
- Evaluate develop and maintain activities required to audit quality effectiveness including the planning and execution of programs of audits; procedure audits; quality-systems audits and product audits.
Education Skills and Requirements
- 4-year technical degree or equivalent
- 3-5 years experience in various phases of Quality Assurance or equivalent in Aerospace Defense or Nuclear Power generation environments
- Quality Management System experience is a must
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; composing written reports and other communications
- Superior analytical skills capable of using current computer analysis tools (Microsoft Office plus others applicable programs)
Valcor Engineering Corporation Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.