Aircraft Kit Crating Team Member Urgent
- Aurora, Oregon
- Hourly $17.00
- Job ID
Aircraft Kit Crating Team Member job at Vans Aircraft in Aurora OR
Description, duties, responsibilities
Van’s Aircraft is the worldwide leader in the production of kit aircraft. As our business continues to grow, we have an opening for a hard-working person to join our crating team. This team takes critical aircraft parts and crates them in preparation to be shipped around the world. We’re looking for someone who’s hands-on, detail-oriented, organized, and motivated.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Use a packing list to accurately pull and prepare parts for packing
- Package items in wood crates and ensure they will be protected from damage during transit
- Keep work areas clean and organized
- Use forklift to stage crates for pickup
- Maintains stock in proper locations and order, rotating stock to ensure first-in, first-out
Qualifications and Experience
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent experience required and at least one year of previous relevant experience preferred
- Forklift certified
- Ability to make decisions independently and multitask
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong organization and planning skills
- Ability to read and understand blueprint drawings
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to safely lift up to 50 pounds
Benefits include health, short-term disability, and life insurance. We offer paid leave and competitive wages. The company offers a 401(k) plan with company match and a generous Employee Stock Ownership Plan. We also make available financial health and wellness benefits for employees.
If you are offered a position, you will be required to complete and pass a pre-employment drug screening.
Please submit your resume and cover letter - No phone calls, please.
Vans Aircraft Company Overview
Van's Aircraft is the world-leading manufacturer of kit aircraft. Built on a proud heritage, the company is the market leader in the experimental-kit aircraft market, producing more kits than any other company in the world since 1973. As we enter 2021, Van's is experiencing record sales and growth and so we're expanding and enhancing our team. By the end of 2020, nearly 11,000 RV kits had been completed and flown, and thousands more are currently under construction. Completion rates currently average about 1.5 per day. RVs are flying in more than 45 different countries and kits have shipped to more than sixty. From their humble beginnings on a small farm in Oregon in the early '70s, these wonderful airplanes have achieved a global following. And their popularity is not the result of any superior marketing campaign. Rather, they are popular because they fly so well and bring so much pleasure to their builders, who can’t help but tell their friends (and take them for a ride, of course). After nearly 50 years Van’s Aircraft is solvent, strong, and alive with new ideas. The future presents plenty of opportunities and challenges, and we intend to meet them the way Dick VanGrunsven did when he first built the company: with honesty, practicality, diligence, and imagination. Join us in that mission!