Airframe and Powerplant Mechanic Urgent
- Aurora, Oregon
- Job ID
Airframe and Powerplant Mechanic job at Vans Aircraft in Aurora OR
Description, duties, responsibilities
Description, duties, responsibilities
Van’s Aircraft is the worldwide leader in the production of kit aircraft. We are expanding operations at our headquarters in Aurora, Oregon where we build certified RV-12iS SLSA aircraft. To accomplish this we are seeking skilled, motivated, and passionate individuals to work on our team. We have an opening for a licensed Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) mechanic with hands-on mechanical experience and critical- thinking skills plus experience in sheet metal, fiberglass fitting/wet layup, and electrical wiring.
Essential responsibilities include, but are not limited to
- Reading, comprehending and executing technical build instructions/blueprints and manufacturing processes documents.
- Preparing and assembling metal parts such as layout, fabrication, trimming, deburring, priming and riveting.
- Fabricating and preparing fiberglass parts for assembly including wet layup, sanding, trimming and finishing.
- Installing electrical and avionics systems, including accurately preparing and terminating wires, routing and installing prefabricated wire bundles through structures, and troubleshooting electrical faults.
- Maintaining a clean and organized work area.
- Identifying inefficient shop processes/flows and utilizing LEAN principles to improve the manufacturing process and assembly processes.
- Continually assess your work and that of others on the team for quality assurance.
- Ability to identify required PPE (Personal Protective Equipment), i.e. cut resistant gloves, hearing protection, eye protection, or aprons required for the work area and tasks being performed.
- Identifying aviation hardware, i.e. MS, NAS, AN, and others.
- Ability to identify the most efficient tool for the task.
- Proficiency with arithmetic to include addition, subtraction, multiplication, division and fraction-to-decimal conversions.
- Proficiency using the Microsoft Office suite to include Word and Excel.
- Ability to work safely with fiberglass, resins and various solvents/chemicals.
- Work well as an individual and as an integral part of a cohesive team.
- Must hold an FAA A&P License
- One or more years of similar experience preferred, but will train the right candidate
- High School diploma or equivalent
- RV aircraft builder experience
Vans Aircraft Company Overview
Van's Aircraft is the world-leading manufacturer of kit aircraft. Built on a proud heritage, the company is the market leader in the experimental-kit aircraft market, producing more kits than any other company in the world since 1973. As we enter 2021, Van's is experiencing record sales and growth and so we're expanding and enhancing our team. By the end of 2020, nearly 11,000 RV kits had been completed and flown, and thousands more are currently under construction. Completion rates currently average about 1.5 per day. RVs are flying in more than 45 different countries and kits have shipped to more than sixty. From their humble beginnings on a small farm in Oregon in the early '70s, these wonderful airplanes have achieved a global following. And their popularity is not the result of any superior marketing campaign. Rather, they are popular because they fly so well and bring so much pleasure to their builders, who can’t help but tell their friends (and take them for a ride, of course). After nearly 50 years Van’s Aircraft is solvent, strong, and alive with new ideas. The future presents plenty of opportunities and challenges, and we intend to meet them the way Dick VanGrunsven did when he first built the company: with honesty, practicality, diligence, and imagination. Join us in that mission!