Manufacturing Production Planner Featured
- Aurora, Oregon
- Annual Salary
- Job ID
Manufacturing Production Planner job at Vans Aircraft in Aurora OR
Description, duties, responsibilities
Van’s Aircraft has an open position for an experienced Manufacturing Production Planner to join our operational team of planners and purchasers at our Aurora, Oregon location. This person in this position will be accountable for the overall production planning of aircraft parts. The successful candidate will be an effective leader of both people and processes and will be familiar with the use of ERP tools in the planning process. The responsibilities associated with this role are critical to the overall success of the business.
- Leads the production planning process, ensuring in-house and third-party production output meets the time, quality, and volume needs of the business and its customers.
- Contributes to the design and continuous improvement of the production planning system.
- Creates work orders, performs data entry, and collaborates with members of the purchasing team to meet business deadlines and targets.
- Schedules production to meet demand. Accounts for factors such as stock on hand, open orders, and forecasted demand.
- Monitors and expedites production orders and resolves supplier issues.
- Experience planning manufacturing production in a high-demand factory environment.
- Able to manage complex production planning of thousands of parts in-house and at third-party suppliers and to accurately forecast and plan to ensure demands and schedules are met for product delivery to customers.
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills.
- Understands manufacturing methods and procedures, quality, cost, vendor relationships, customer service, supply management.
- Tackles complex problems, develops and implements effective solutions across the organization.
- Strong organizational and data management skills with a strong eye for detail.
- Proven ability to prioritize and execute multiple tasks simultaneously.
- The successful applicant must work well in a group and individually. He or she must be self-motivated and able to work successfully with little supervision.
- Microsoft Office proficient (advanced Excel)
- Familiar with ERP architecture and operation. Experience with SYSPRO ERP is a plus.
- Knowledge of or willingness to learn the many unique details of aircraft parts production.
- Thrives in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations and complex assignments.
- Seeks new ways to improve efficiency.
Van’s Aircraft is a small company with a broad reach. The successful applicant will be flexible in his/her role and may need to take on additional responsibilities as necessary to get the job done.
Compensation and benefits include salary, 401K with company match, health, and dental/disability insurance coverage, an employee stock ownership plan (ESOP), and access to an employee flying club.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience. If you’d like to work for the biggest and best kit aircraft manufacturer in the world, email a copy of your resume with a cover letter and tell us why you’re the best person for the job. Please include "Manufacturing Production Planner Candidate" in the subject line and send your email to:
No phone calls, please.
Vans Aircraft Company Overview
Van's Aircraft is the world-leading manufacturer of kit aircraft. Built on a proud heritage, the company is the market leader in the experimental-kit aircraft market, producing more kits than any other company in the world since 1973. As we enter 2021, Van's is experiencing record sales and growth and so we're expanding and enhancing our team. By the end of 2020, nearly 11,000 RV kits had been completed and flown, and thousands more are currently under construction. Completion rates currently average about 1.5 per day. RVs are flying in more than 45 different countries and kits have shipped to more than sixty. From their humble beginnings on a small farm in Oregon in the early '70s, these wonderful airplanes have achieved a global following. And their popularity is not the result of any superior marketing campaign. Rather, they are popular because they fly so well and bring so much pleasure to their builders, who can’t help but tell their friends (and take them for a ride, of course). After nearly 50 years Van’s Aircraft is solvent, strong, and alive with new ideas. The future presents plenty of opportunities and challenges, and we intend to meet them the way Dick VanGrunsven did when he first built the company: with honesty, practicality, diligence, and imagination. Join us in that mission!