Junior Flight Test Engineer Featured
- Santa Cruz, California
- Job ID
Junior Flight Test Engineer job at Velocity Consulting Solutions in Santa Cruz CA
Description, duties, responsibilities
Full time | Velocity Consulting Solutions | United States
Posted On 11/04/2020
Airline - Aviation
City Santa Cruz
We are currently is seeking a passionate and driven flight test engineer to join our flight test team in Santa Cruz CA. This role requires a range of knowledge and skill that includes developing flight test plans and reports for experimental CTOL/VTOL fly-by-wire aircraft executing testing in a ground control station environment test data analysis flight test simulator development and all other tasks related to development and certification flight test activities. A can-do attitude is a must for this fast-paced environment in which every team member relies on each other to perform to their highest potential.
Previous experience and/or training as flight test engineer is highly desirable. Near-term flight testing is planned to be conducted from a remote location; applicants must be willing to spend regular time away from home.
- Assist with development of a test program to strategically expand the envelope and capabilities of our vehicles from experimental development through certification flight test.
- Assist with flight test planning flight readiness reviews flight briefs/debriefs and post flight analysis
- Participates in experimental flight testing as a crew member in the ground control station.
- Work with our simulation team to expand our flight simulator capability and fidelity
- Complete all required documentation in accordance with established company and FAA procedures.
- May perform launch and recovery tasks of aircraft which include ground operations preflight items ground observer responsibilities and post flight items.
- May help develop flight manuals and supporting documentation necessary to operate the vehicles.
- Responsible for observing all laws regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
- Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices
- Bachelors of Science (Aerospace Mechanical or Electrical Engineering) degree or equivalent experience and training.
- Excellent computer skills proficiency with day to day applications used for email word processing etc as well as data analysis experience using Matlab Python or similar.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with colleagues across a wide range of technical disciplines.
- Must be able to work both independently and on a team and be able to work extended hours and travel as required
- Fixed Wing and / or Rotorcraft Private Pilot License.
- Previous experimental flight test experience as a Flight Test Engineer preferably including VTOL flight test or in a civil certification environment.
Velocity Consulting Solutions Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.