Loads And Dynamics Engineer Hot
- Santa Cruz, California
- Job ID
Loads And Dynamics Engineer job at Velocity Consulting Solutions in Santa Cruz CA
Description, duties, responsibilities
We are currently seeking an experienced Loads and Dynamics Engineer to join our growing team in Santa Cruz CA. The ideal candidate brings a strong mathematical background a detailed conceptual understanding of aircraft dynamics and above average attention to detail. To succeed candidates will be expected to have experience with static and dynamic loads derivation for aircraft. Background in flutter analysis is also desired.
- Develop external loads and aeroelastic models and methods.
- Develop aerodynamic databases for use in aircraft aeroelastic models.
- Develop multi-DOF flight dynamics simulations for use in external loads and dynamics.
- Interpret experimental data to correlate and validate aircraft aeroelastic models.
- Implement loads database to be used by structural design team.
- Determining and interpreting the certification basis and establishing compliance strategies including means and methods of compliance
- Developing reviewing and approving certification-related documents.
- Working with and mentoring multiple engineering teams with a mix of aerospace and non-aerospace backgrounds
- Interfacing with certification authorities as required (FAA EASA etc.)
- B.S. in mechanical engineering aerospace engineering or a relevant discipline.
- 7+ years experience performing detailed loads analysis for fixed-wing aircraft or rotorcraft.
- Excellent understanding of aircraft loads and aeroelasticity.
- Previous experience working on aviation certification program.
- The ability to question traditional assumptions in the application of regulations guidance material and engineering specifications
- Experience with NASTRAN RCAS or other aeroelastic analysis tools.
- Comfortable with analysis tools such as MATLAB Python and Excel.
- FAA Designated Engineering Representative (DER) for Part 23 Loads or ability to immediately become one
- Expert knowledge of FAR 23 and 27.
- 10+ years of working experience in aircraft certification industry.
- Extensive experience correlating and validating loads models using experimental data.
- Experience with Interactions of Systems of Structures and/or computing loads for aircraft with fly-by-wire control systems.
- Experience with AeroServoElastic (ASE) analyses and certification requirements.
Velocity Consulting Solutions Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.