Director of Maintenance Urgent
- Ketchikan, Alaska
- Annual Salary
- Job ID
Director of Maintenance job at Venture Travel dba Taquan Air in Ketchikan AK
Description, duties, responsibilities
Director of Maintenance
The Director of Maintenance is responsible for administering all aspects of the Maintenance Department related to airworthiness and safety of a fleet of float equipped DeHavilland Beavers and Otters operated by Taquan Air. This position requires a high level of expertise in aircraft maintenance, regulatory compliance, engaged leader with personnel management, policies, processes, and department standard operating procedures. In conjunction with the upper management, the individual will continue development of policies, procedures, and systems to maximize safe and efficient maintenance and utilization of company aircraft.
Chief Executive Officer (Accountable Executive)
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reponsible for conducting safe maintenance operations in compliance with all applicable local State, and Federal regulations and Company procedures (FAA SMS Voluntary Program) and assure that all aircraft are maintained in an airworthy condition.
- Maintain the aircraft technical library for A.D.s and S.B.s.
- Implement effective aircraft maintenance, inspections and repair schedules in accordance with Federal Air Regulations, company manuals, and manufacturers' recommendations.
- Implement, manage, and maintain the Approved Aircraft Inspection Program, General Maintenance Manual, Maintenance Training Program and participate in company's SMS program.
- Oversee Company Approved Aircraft inspection Program (AAIP)
- Responsible for ensuring that all aircraft maintenance records conform to FAA standards.
- Through established procedures ensure that the flight operations department is provided with a current status of all aircraft, and coordination with flight, department continuously.
- Oversee the management of aircraft parts procurement, inventory, and balances tied to financial spending.
- Maintain tool calibration data and dates of applicable tools.
- Create annual budget according to maintenance schedule, staff needs, and procurement forecasting and manage business decisions to the approved budget.
- Work in conjunction with Human Resources to recruit, and if necessary, terminate maintenance personnel.
- Hire, train, and supervise maintenance department personnel.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to effectively interact and communicate with various Regulatory Agencies' personnel, both in person and in writing.
- Must be able to read, write, and understand safety plans, rules, maintenance instructions, training manuals, Material Data Safety Sheets (MSDS), maintenance bulletins and procedure manuals.
- Must be able to effectively operate the company's computer-based applications/software and aircraft maintenance tracking programs, to include Manager Plus and Microsoft Excel and Word programs.
- Ability to communicate effectively and implement strategies that drive employee morale, productivity and advancement.
- Ability to lead a team of maintenance technicians and external service providers to drive organizational excellence.
Education and Experience:
- Meet the requirements of FAR 119.71(e)
- Minimum five years of experience in maintaining aircraft with verifiable practical experience as an active aircraft mechanic in a maintenance organization.
- Minimum of three years of experience in a supervisory position in a maintenance organization.
- Minimum of three years of experience in a Part 135 environment.
- Must have a thorough working knowledge and understanding of FARs, aircraft technical bulletins, service bulletins, airworthiness directives, aircraft systems and the ability to transfer this knowledgable to applicable personnel.
- FAA Airframe and Power Plant Certification or license (A&P)
- Must have and maintain a valid driver's license and must meet the company's vehicle insurance requirements.
- Previous experience maintaining DeHavilland Beavers, Otters, and PT-6 (and Floats preferred).
- Previous Director of Maintenance or Chief Inspector experience preferred.
- FAA Inspection Authorization (IA) acquired prior to employment is preferred.
- College Degree preferred.
Venture Travel dba Taquan Air Company Overview
Venture Travel dba Taquan Air, has been serving Southeast Alaska for more than 40 years and is recognized as one of the most successful floatplane operations in Alaska. We are locals who are passionate about sharing all that we love about Alaska. We hire and train our staff for exceptional customer service and keep our state-of-the-art equipment up to the highest standards of safety. Our safety culture and procedures are our highest priority. We are always looking for great pilots, ground crew, maintenance personnel, customer service representatives and office staff. Some of these postions are available year-round and others are available throughout the summer tourism season. Come join our team in Ketchikan, AK!