Director of Maintenance Urgent
- Muskegon, Michigan
- Annual Salary
- Job ID
Director of Maintenance job at Vision Air Center in Muskegon MI
Description, duties, responsibilities
Director of Maintenance
Directs and coordinates activities of the maintenance division. This position is responsible for Maintenance & Fleet Planning in formulating and administering maintenance and regulatory compliance by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate directors or managers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Participates in formulating and administering company policies and developing long range goals and objectives.
- Responsible for the safety compliance of all maintenance department employees and ensuring all company equipment meets OSHA and other regulatory compliance rules. Responsible for conducting monthly departmental safety meetings and ensures documentation of the meeting and all personnel attendance.
- Establishes criteria for hiring personnel for maintenance department positions.
- In conjunction with the Director of Quality Control, establishes the requirements for initial and recurrent training for all personnel involved in the maintenance, preventative maintenance and inspection of company aircraft.
- Acts as a liaison with all FAA officials.
- Ensures that the company aircraft are airworthy, clean and in compliance with Company standards and FAA regulations.
- Assists in all customer contract drafting and negotiations. Ensures compliance with all customer contractual requirements.
- Directs and coordinates activities of various maintenance departments.
- Reviews and analyses all maintenance activities, cost efficiencies, support of flight operations, and forecast data to determine the departments progress toward its stated goals and objectives.
- Confers with departmental Directors, Managers and other essential personnel to review achievements, financial obligations necessary for the fleet and to discuss required changes in goals or objectives resulting from current or changing conditions.
- Assists in the development of policies and implements procedures to be followed by all personnel performing maintenance and other types of repairs or services at the main base and outer stations.
- Develops, monitors and executes budgetary policies pertaining to all Maintenance functions and Maintenance & Fleet Planning in the development of the Maintenance budget and completes monthly expense account reviews.
- In accordance with the 14 CFR Part 5 rule this is a key aviation safety-related position that is responsible for development, implementation, and maintenance of FAA Safety Management Systems (SMS) at Flybyair. This is a 14 CFR Part 119 required management position, as well as a Part 145 management position.
Educations and/or Experience:
• Must have a high school diploma or GED. Aviation Management degree preferred. Must have 10 years aviation maintenance experience or combination of education and experience and at least 3 years aviation related supervisory experience.
applicant must also hold an Inspection Authorization (IA).
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• Requires computer skills and knowledge of specialized computer programs and software applicable to aircraft maintenance and operations.
• Hold a mechanic certificate with both airframe and power plant ratings, and have held these ratings for at least 10 years.
• Have at least 5 years of experience in a position responsible for returning airplanes to service.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
Educations and/or Experience, that the applicant also hold an Inspection Authorization (IA). This rating is needed in order to sign off aircraft Annual Inspections and return them back to service under 14 CFR part 65.
Vision Air Center Company Overview
For the Wrights, Hughes, Earharts and Lindberghs, flight was the ultimate in adventure and independence. At Vision Air Center, we like to think the spirit that fueled their passion lives on. Thats why since 1967, we have provided businesses, families and those who love independence, the freedom of on-demand travel 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. The Flyby Air story began in the mid-sixties when Ron Ludema, learned to fly. He received his license to fly in 1965 and continued to earn all of his ratings. In 1967 Ron combined his passion for flying with a vision to own his own business and what would become FlybyAir was born. The first airplane was a single engine Bonanza, which was chartered for many hours while crisscrossing the United States and Canada. At that time, two full-time and two part-time employees constituted the entire company staff. It has always been our commitment to continuously update our fleet and facility to meet the needs and safety concerns of our customers. In 1998, we added our first jet, the Falcon 10, whose speed doubles that of a turboprop aircraft. 2004 marked another turning point when we added the luxurious Gulfstream G200 and international jet service. Since then, we have upgraded aircraft to the luxurious Learjet 45 and can provide non-stop service from Holland to Florida and many destinations on the west coast. As always, we are looking to the future with great expectations! In October, 2012, Tulip City Air Service, Inc. (Now FlybyAir) was honored by the National Business Aviation Association with a Commercial Business Flying Safety Award for 2011. This award was presented for 48 years and over 30,000 hours of safe flying in commercial aviation. As a privately held company, FlybyAir clients benefit from direct access to the owner and management at any time. We are a customer-centric company who is large enough to offer world-class services while still retaining personal relationships with our clients. We provide: Aircraft Charter Flight School Aircraft Maintenance Aircraft Management Full Service FBO NATA Safety 1st Certified Line Technicians