Avionics Electronic Repair Technician Hot
- Piscataway, New Jersey
- Job ID
Avionics Electronic Repair Technician job at Visium Resources in Piscataway NJ
Description, duties, responsibilities
- Troubleshoots and repairs electronic equipment to component level in accordance with FAA regulations and company IPM (Inspections Procedures Manual)
- Modifies equipment according to service bulletin and/or manufacturer documentation
- Works independently or in collaboration with experienced electronics technicians
- Carries out prescribed procedures according to an established schedule
- Receives training in the use of more specialized test equipment
- Follows specific layout and schematic diagrams to repair and maintain simple or advanced devices or subunits of equipment and schematic diagrams such as power supplies oscillators amplifiers etc.
- Work is reviewed by Technician IV manager and inspectors
- May work on alternative assignments with detailed written or oral instructions
- Completes quality and production paper work prepares estimates and maintains maintenance documentation in accordance with current quality assurance requirements
- Participates in Technician cross training programs and may be assigned to other teams for short or long term assignments
- Completes repairs in accordance with company ISO procedures and within company objectives
- Review work orders to ensure customer requested activities have been complied with prior to release of the repair
- Minimum of two (2) years repair experience on electronics to a component level.
- Preferred in the commercial airline and/or aviation products support or a two (2) year college level degree in electronics related field.
- Must have understanding of Federal Aviation Regulations and other governing regulatory requirements
- Able to meticulously document incoming product condition and maintenance activities
- Pass a seven (7) year background check and pre-employment drug test
- Legally eligible to work in the country in which the position is located Knowledge Skills and Abilities Familiarity with both analog and digital electronics hardware and software
- Must have experience using a PC (personal computer)
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings and wiring diagrams
- Ability to understand and speak English in order to read technical literature follow oral instructions and communicate with cross functional team members.
- Required to have an understanding of electronic theories and techniques and familiarity with standard electronic components Ability to use basic and advanced test instruments and perform adjustments as necessary Willing to think out-of-the-box to solve operational and technical problems
- Type Equipment/Software Used Manual and Automatic Test Benches PC oscilloscope and multimeters