Director Integrated Operations Control CenterPosition Summary:
The Dispatcher is responsible for promoting flight safety and network efficiency while maintaining compliance with all applicable federal regulations, company policies and procedures. The Flight Dispatcher plays a key role in providing a safe travel experience for our Customers.Job Responsibilities:
1. Review & analyzing all available meteorological conditions, Notices to Airmen (NOTAMs), field conditions, and Air Traffic Control directives for the route of flight. Maintaining situational awareness of changing conditions.
2. Maintain flight watch and following of flights and aircraft under their control.
3. Generating the Dispatch Release for transmittal to the flight crew. Including, but not limited to: Providing an efficient route of flight, considering items such as turbulence, navigational limitations, Tech/Ops limitations, and adverse meteorological conditions. Calculating the fuel required for a safe completion of the flight, considering items such as the winds aloft, air traffic, airfield abnormalities, and forecast weather conditions, and alternate considerations, if required or desired.
4. Share joint Operational Control with the Pilot in Command by providing all available current information that may affect the safety of the flight to include, but not limited to:
Providing updates to airport, weather, and traffic conditions along the route of flight.
Recommending changes to the routing, altitude, alternate while en route.
Delaying and/or cancelling flights if conditions exist that threaten the safety of the aircraft, crew, and our customers.
5. Ensure that any flight under their control can comply with all applicable FAA regulations and
company policies at all time.
6. Ensure that flight data is accurate.
7. Assessing operational complications and providing solutions in a timely manner for the
benefit our Crews and Customers.Outcomes and responsibilities:
Safety Always: Encourages safety for our customers and crew through communication, continuous awareness, and attention to all details during all phases of flight.
Communication: Shares information accurately, directly, and simply with fellow crewmembers to create understanding and build trust.
Operational Excellence: Provides for and maintains our operational objectives by ensuring safety, meeting all regulatory standards, and on-time performance.
Be a U.S. Citizen, or U.S. citizen or alien with legal right to accept employment in the United States without restriction
Speak and write fluent English
Be at least 23 years of age
Possess a valid U.S. passport
Possess a valid FAA issued aircraft dispatcher certificate
Possess a High School Diploma or equivalent
Have experience using Microsoft Office tools and software
Be able to lift and carry up to 20 lbs. of office material
Be able to work under pressure
Able to multi-task with multiple tasks that have to be managed in a time critical environment
Have strong communication and problem-solving skills
Have a proven record of reliability and excellent attendance
Present a neat, professional, well-groomed image
Be able to sit for extended periods of time
Possess a positive attitude and understand that we are all one team
Be able to work weekends, holidays, and overnight shifts and stay on position until relieved
Bachelor’s degree in aviation or a combination of education and experience in airline operations
Previous experience as an aircraft dispatcher in FAR 121 operation
Qualifications as a pilot, aircraft mechanic or air traffic controller highly desirable
Previous experience with Jeppesen Flight Planning suite
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
Connect Airlines is the brand for Waltzing Matilda Aviation LLC’s (WMA) proposed scheduled 121 operation (flag, domestic scheduled, domestic unscheduled). WMA brings together a group of aviation professionals with a passion to make aviation – whatever form – commercial or corporate – the best experience possible. We are currently an FAA licensed Part 135 private jet charter operator based out of Bedford, MA.