Line & Facility Services Manager Urgent
- Spokane Valley, Washington
- Annual Salary
- Job ID
Line Facility Services Manager job at Western Aviation in Spokane Valley WA
Description, duties, responsibilities
Line and Facility Services Manager
Do you have a passion for aviation and best-in-class customer satisfaction? Western Aviation is looking for an individual with FBO experience, a strong work ethic and a desire to bring out the best and develop their team of Refuelers, Line Technicians, CSR’s and Facility Staff. A successful manager will exceed customer expectations and create a work environment that provides fast and efficient service which employees enjoy working in.
Qualified candidates will be proficient in aviation management, including financial, operational and staffing know-how, supported with an extensive balance of education and experience. Must ensure departmental compliance with appropriate rules, regulations, and policies of the company, the Airport Authority, and all local or state agencies affecting the Airport and FBO operations. A self-motivated, safe, positive, enthusiastic, goal-oriented individual will be successful in this position.
The Line and Facility Services Manager sets the tone for the overall quality of the operation and must strive to be a technical subject matter expert with regards to all areas of the operation.
General Summary: Effectively manage the Line Service Department, facility upkeep and CSR team to consistently deliver exceptional customer service while maintaining all quality and safety standards. Responsible in handling the customer service needs of pilots, passengers and crew members while meeting expectations for a clean and well-maintained facility. Maintain all GSE to ensure effective and dependable operation. Develop and maintain mutually beneficial relationships with Avionics and Maintenance department managers and local Airport Operations team.
Essential Job Functions:
- Make arrivals (passengers, pilots, crew) feel appreciated by giving exemplary customer service
- Maintain FBO customer service records
- Oversee implementation of all rules and regulations for department
- Properly train personnel in all aspects of department procedures
- Direct workflow through department so personnel are productive at all times
- Maintain department staffing requirements by recruiting, selecting, orienting and training employees
- Create and maintain procedure manuals as needed
- Maintain high standards for fuel quality control procedures
- Handle ordering of fuel inventory and departmental shop supplies
- Keep all GSE in good operating order and up to Western Aviation image standards
- Preparation and implementation of customer fuel contracts
- Set prices of Line Department products and services
- Achieve departmental gross profit quotas
- Create and follow yearly departmental budgets as approved
- Employ proactive approach to increase departmental sales
- Manage all aspects of ramp and hangar tenant agreements and inquiries
- Provide general maintenance of hangars, facility and grounds
- Oversee all security aspects of the facility
- Miscellaneous maintenance duties as needed
- Position aircraft as needed by other departments and customers
- Provide transportation for transient customers as needed
- Perform public relations as needed or requested
- Maintain exceptional standards of customer service by coaching, counseling, disciplining and evaluating employee performance
- Other duties as assigned
Job Specific Requirements:
- Regularly required to stand, walk, climb, crouch, crawl, talk or hear, reach with hands or arms, grasp, pull and lift objects up to 25 pounds
- Occasionally required to work in high or precarious places and lift up to 50+ pounds
- Will have exposure to outdoor weather conditions, toxic or caustic chemicals, fuel fumes, and loud noises
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from company owners, department managers, customers and the general public
- Ability to effectively communicate with other managers, customers and employees in a courteous and helpful manner
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years Line Service Technician experience at F.B.O.
- Management experience overseeing 4+ employees
- Experience and knowledge in aviation
- In-depth knowledge of all refueling equipment and procedures
- Must pass approval under the current Western Aviation auto policy
- Certification in Part 139 Fire Safety (or equivalent education)
- Completion of NATA Safety First program (or equivalent education)
Western Aviation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
Western Aviation Company Overview
Do you want to work in the aviation industry but dont know where to start? If you like working mostly outdoors, in a fast-paced environment, around some of the most incredible specialists in this trade, Western Aviation may be right for you! We are seeking self-motivated, safety oriented, positive professionals who are enthusiastic and goal-oriented. Located in Spokane Valley, Washington, our FBO provides not only Avionics and Maintenance services to aircraft, we also offer complete ground handling including; marshalling, fueling, deicing, GPU starts, oxygen refills, ground transportation, catering, hangar, and ramp accommodations.