AP Mechanic Featured
- Spokane Valley, Washington
- Job ID
AP Mechanic job at Western Aviation in Spokane Valley WA
Description, duties, responsibilities
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Part 145 Repair Station A&P Mechanic with 5+ years of experience and/or experience and education combined. Qualified candidate should value teamwork, be goal-oriented and take initiative and ownership of tasks. Must have experience working in general aviation.
- Parts replacement or repair
- Troubleshooting and evaluation of system on the aircraft
- Inspection and evaluation of aircraft and components
- Hydraulic and pneumatic system work
- Inspection of aircraft or systems
- General mechanical application
- General mechanical functions on aircraft and related systems
- Repair work and sheet metal repair or installation
- Other job duties as required
Qualifications & Requirements:
- 5+ years of experience as A&P mechanic
- Valid A&P certification
- Required to follow all FAA & OEM specifications while ensuring compliance with repair station manual and safety policies
- Understanding of federal regulations for aviation
- Accurately document work performed
- IA & King Air experience preferred
- Must possess excellent oral & written skills, as well as, strong analytical abilities
- Excellent concentration & attention to detail with good work efficiency & accuracy
- Ability to think creatively, while following documentation & maintaining prescribed quality standards
- Ability to work both in a small team environment & also unsupervised
- Ability to meet deadlines & adapt to changing work assignments
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must have thorough working knowledge of all forms and documents required to support general aviation maintenance service, including, but not limited to Company policy and procedure manuals, FAR’s, AD’s, Service Bulletins, and Maintenance Manuals
- Must be able to read and interpret technical manuals, instructions, blueprints, and drawings
- Must be efficient in the use and application of tools, gauges, instruments, etc. necessary for the accomplishment of duties assigned
- Must be willing to perform other functions and duties as assigned by managers and supervisors
- Must be willing to work any shift
- Must be willing to work overtime (as requested)
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the job site
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check
- The ability to understand & comply with written &/or verbal instructions is mandatory
- Personal initiative & a "speak up" attitude as pertains to aircraft safety is mandatory
- Work will include assignments that are complex and difficult
- Many tasks require common sense, good judgment and ingenuity.
- Tenacity, attention to detail, willingness to ask questions, willingness to read the manuals, & patience are all required to work through many problems correctly
- Attention to detail, compliance with manuals, double-checking & triple-checking work, rechecking values & adherence with FAA procedures are all mandatory
Other Skills & Abilities:
- Must comply with safety measures required to reduce the risk of injury to oneself & others
- Must maintain a neat, clean & organized work environment that is free of hazards
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in the hangar environment where temperature fluctuation occurs consistent with the outside temperature, dust particulates
- Occasionally, engine fumes & aircraft noise are present in the amount expected in an aircraft environment
- The noise level in the work environment can occasionally be moderate to loud, depending on the equipment involved
- Generally clean, pleasant environment
- Able to occasionally lift & carry minimum 50 pounds
- Occasionally, it may be necessary to stand for moderate periods of time.
- It may be necessary to perform maintenance in confined aircraft interiors.
- Bending, grasping, sitting, pulling, pushing, stooping, & stretching are generally required to perform the functions of this position.
- In some instances, Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) requirements includes the use gloves, dust mask, appropriate eye & ear protection when in the vicinity of maintenance & aircraft. Must be willing to comply with PPE requirements without reminder.
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
Western Aviation Company Overview
Do you want to work in the aviation industry but dont know where to start? If you like working mostly outdoors, in a fast-paced environment, around some of the most incredible specialists in this trade, Western Aviation may be right for you! We are seeking self-motivated, safety oriented, positive professionals who are enthusiastic and goal-oriented. Located in Spokane Valley, Washington, our FBO provides not only Avionics and Maintenance services to aircraft, we also offer complete ground handling including; marshalling, fueling, deicing, GPU starts, oxygen refills, ground transportation, catering, hangar, and ramp accommodations.