Terminal Manager Featured
- Spokane Valley, Washington
- Annual Salary
- Job ID
Terminal Manager job at Western Aviation in Spokane Valley WA
Description, duties, responsibilities
Terminal Manager will effectively manage the Line Service Department, facility upkeep and CSR team to consistently deliver exceptional customer service while maintaining all quality and safety standards. Responsible in handling the customer service needs of pilots, passengers and crew members while meeting expectations for a clean and well-maintained facility. Maintain all GSE to ensure effective and dependable operation. Develop and maintain mutually beneficial relationships with Avionics and Maintenance department managers, Senior Management and local Airport Operations team.
Compensation: An industry-competitive package is being offered for highly skilled individuals.
- Make arrivals (passengers, pilots, crew) feel appreciated by giving exemplary customer service
- Maintain FBO customer service records
- Oversee implementation of all rules and regulations for department
- Perform lean, standard work and continuous process improvements. Develop and implement initiatives designed to increase efficiency and reduce costs.
- Ensure Supervisors/Leads and other team members comply with all FAA, additional governing bodies (Spokane International Airport) and company requirements and that all employees are task qualified to meet company standards in policy, safety, security, and health.
- Properly train personnel in all aspects of department procedures
- Direct workflow through department so personnel are productive at all times
- Maintain department staffing requirements by recruiting, selecting, orienting and training employees
- Create and maintain procedure manuals as needed
- Maintain high standards for fuel quality control procedures
- Handle ordering of fuel inventory and departmental shop supplies
- Keep all GSE in good operating order and up to Western Aviation image standards
- Preparation and implementation of customer fuel contracts
- Set prices of Line Department products and services
- Proactively find and retain department customer base to sustain employees and managerial salaries and department expenses.
- Monitor and adhere to department budgets and capital expenditure budgets. Approve department expenses up to assigned level of authority.
- Achieve departmental gross profit quotas
- Employ proactive approach to increase departmental sales
- Manage all aspects of ramp and hangar tenant agreements and inquiries
- Provide general maintenance of hangars, facility and grounds
- Oversee all security aspects of the facility
- Miscellaneous maintenance duties as needed
- Position aircraft as needed by other departments and customers
- Provide transportation for transient customers as needed
- Perform public relations as needed or requested
- Work with President and other managers by providing information, suggestions and recommendations to develop strategies and plans to accomplish company objectives.
- Maintain exceptional standards of customer service by coaching, counseling, disciplining and evaluating employee performance
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Regularly required to stand, walk, climb, crouch, crawl, talk or hear, reach with hands or arms, grasp, pull and lift objects up to 25 pounds
- Occasionally required to work in high or precarious places and lift up to 50+ pounds
- Will have exposure to outdoor weather conditions, toxic or caustic chemicals, fuel fumes, and loud noises
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from company owners, department managers, customers and the general public
- Ability to effectively communicate with other managers, customers and employees in a courteous and helpful manner
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years Line Service Technician experience at F.B.O.
- Management experience overseeing 4+ employees
- Experience and knowledge in aviation
- In-depth knowledge of all refueling equipment and procedures
- Must pass approval under the current Western Aviation auto policy
- Certification in Part 139 Fire Safety (or equivalent education)
- Completion of NATA Safety First program (or equivalent education)
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
Western Aviation Company Overview
Do you want to work in the aviation industry but dont know where to start? If you like working mostly outdoors, in a fast-paced environment, around some of the most incredible specialists in this trade, Western Aviation may be right for you! We are seeking self-motivated, safety oriented, positive professionals who are enthusiastic and goal-oriented. Located in Spokane Valley, Washington, our FBO provides not only Avionics and Maintenance services to aircraft, we also offer complete ground handling including; marshalling, fueling, deicing, GPU starts, oxygen refills, ground transportation, catering, hangar, and ramp accommodations.