Aerospace Spray Painter Featured
- Westfield, Massachusetts
- Job ID
Aerospace Spray Painter job at Electroplating Company in Westfield MA
Description, duties, responsibilities
Position: Aerospace Painter
Westfield Electroplating Company is looking for an experienced Aerospace Painter to join our team. Qualified candidates should possess solid knowledge applying organic coatings such as primer paint and dry film. The position requires handling parts surface preparation racking/unracking paint mixing and uses of spray guns daily.
Applicant must be familiar with military specifications and industry process standards. Good verbal and written communication skills are required and the successful candidate must be self-motivated reliable industrious and able to work independently.
- 5+ years experience preferred but not required
- Verify part cleanliness and prepare or clean surfaces as required prior to organic coating. (i.e. cleaning sanding etc)
- Mix paint in accordance with manufacturer instruction MIL specifications and WEPCO customer requirements
- Inspect and test materials as necessary prior to application
- Assess part configuration to identify appropriate racking method
- Apply organic coatings such as prime paint and dry film lube to customer parts
- Perform inspection and testing as needed to verify part compliance to contract requirements
- Maintain all paint records including but not limited to: Mix logs and traveler paperwork
- Perform and document any rework operations when applicable
- Keeping work area clean organized and clutter free
- Remove completed product from racks using good handling practices
- Remove masking from parts as applicable
- Perform and record drying or curing in accordance with work instructions
- Package and protect parts for shipment
- General housekeeping
- Assist in training new personnel as applicable
- Assist other departments when needed
- Maintain traceability of hardware during processing and shipment thru tags labels work order completion etc.
- Perform receiving and in-process inspections to ensure part acceptability prior to processing and between operations
Pay Rate and Benefits
Based on experience
Health Insurance Single $8.40 / Week Family $20.24 / week Copayment $10.00 / visits Generic Prescriptions $10.00 Preferred Prescriptions $25.00 Non-Preferred Prescriptions $45.00
Single $3.58 / week Family $10.17 / week
- Vacation Time
- Personal Time Off
- Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Cell phone discount (Verizon/AT&T)
- Coffee and Donuts Daily
WEPCO is an equal opportunity employer EEOC - M/F/D/V EEO.
Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screening and physical.