Senior Aerospace Systems Engineer Featured
- Denver, Colorado
- Job ID
Senior Aerospace Systems Engineer job at Winc Australia in Denver CO
Description, duties, responsibilities
We are currently seeking a Senior Aerospace Systems Engineer for our Denver CO location.
Analytical Mechanics Associates Inc. (AMA) is proud of our customer relationships our diverse and dynamic work environment and our employees career satisfaction. AMA is a small business specializing in aerospace engineering business analytics information technology and visualization solutions. AMA combines the best of engineering and mathematics capabilities with the latest in information technologies and visualization to build creative solutions. Headquartered in Hampton VA AMA has operations in Huntsville AL; Dallas and Houston TX; Denver CO; Santa Clara and Mountain View CA; and Edwards Air Force Base CA. We offer a competitive salary and attractive benefits package including paid personal leave and holidays salary deferrals into a 401(k)-matching plan with immediate vesting tuition reimbursement short/long term disability plans medical dental and vision insurance. Our website (ama-inc.com) describes our corporate values and how they apply to the professional success and growth of our employees.
We are currently seeking a S enior Aerospace Systems Engineer for our Denver CO location. The successful candidate will be responsible for various multi-disciplinary engineering tasks and task/project management related to spacecraft space mission design and software development. To support a growing office the position will require responsibilities that engage a very wide breadth of activities across subject matter. The ability to multi-task between multiple unrelated tasks/projects is as desirable as the engineering work. Given the wide range of potential analysis activities breadth of experience and a proven aptitude and desire to learn new subjects is given preference to depth in any particular area. Candidates are required to have excellent communication skills.
- Specific tasks may include requirements development trade studies spacecraft design system sizing trajectory/orbital analysis guidance navigation and control modeling and simulation and nuclear systems analysis
- AMA develops software tools to solve specific engineering problems this position will require software architecture and software development capabilities in support of these tools.
- Analysis may include work for both AMA developed concepts and as engineering services for NASA or commercial Aerospace companies. Systems may include a range of manned and unmanned space vehicles including satellites capsules lifting bodies and launch vehicles with the initial work supporting conceptual design analysis and planning for a Nuclear Thermal Propulsion (NTP) cryogenic stage enabled manned mission to Mars.
- Bachelor s Degree in Aerospace Mechanical or Nuclear Engineering. Advanced degrees are a plus.
- Minimum 5 years of applicable work-related experience 10+ years desired. Advanced degrees may count as 2 years of experience
- Experience in task/project management leading small teams and mentoring junior engineers
- Strong systems engineering background. Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) experience is a plus
- Knowledge of various spacecraft subsystems e.g. structures thermal GN&C power avionics propulsion etc.
- Experience with software development required. MATLAB and Python experience desired
- Software architecture development desired including experience with object-oriented development
- Ability to interface successfully with customers
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to quickly adapt to dynamic work requirements and learn new disciplines
- Knowledge of contemporary civil i.e. NASA mission concepts is a plus
- Knowledge or experience with nuclear systems e.g. radiation analysis is a plus but not required
AMA is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee because of race color religion sex sexual orientation gender identity national origin age disability protected veteran status or any other characteristic prohibited under Federal State or local laws.
Winc Australia Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.