Project Lead Aerospace And Drones Hot
- New York, New York
- Job ID
Project Lead Aerospace And Drones job at World Economic Forum in New York NY
Description, duties, responsibilities
(Fixed term 12 months contract with possibility to renew - salaried benefits eligible position)
The World Economic Forum committed to improving the state of the world is the international organization for public-private cooperation.
The Forum engages the foremost political business and other leaders of society to shape global regional and industry agendas.
Why we are recruiting
The Centre for Global Industries builds and sustains industry communities through an integrated concept of high-level meetings research networks task forces and digital collaboration and drives sectoral world-leading initiatives to advance industry transformation. The Mobility Cluster is seeking a project manager to support programming and projects related to sustainability and technological transformation in the aerospace sector.
Aerospace and Drones Portfolio
The World Economic Forum and its partners are in the process of launching a new initiative on zero emission aviation focussed on accelerating an enabling ecosystem for electric and hydrogen powered flight. Climate change is the most pressing long-term challenge of our time and aviation is one of six hard to abate sectors which along with cement steel plastics trucking shipping represent approximately 30% of global annual carbon emissions. Electric and hydrogen powered flight provide unique opportunities to address aviation s climate impact and the Forum is working to accelerate the deployment and scaling of these technologies.
Other areas of focus include supporting the responsible integration of advanced aerial mobility also referred to as urban aerial mobility into city and regional transportation networks as well as analysis of global policy trends related to unmanned aerial systems commonly referred to as drones.
Reporting lines and interactions
The Project Lead will work under the guidance of Timothy Reuter Head of Aerospace and Drones which falls under the Forum s Future of Mobility Platform.
Internally the successful candidate will work with colleagues from the Centre for Global Industries; the Future of Mobility platform; the Business Engagement team as well as Industry Leads covering related sectors. Externally work will involve interactions with a broad range of stakeholders in partner companies in the Aerospace Aviation Energy Infrastructure and Finance industries.
Breakdown of Main responsibilities
- Manage the launch of the True Zero Aviation project community and activities.
- Lead partner engagement on the portfolio of aerospace and drone industry topics creating an inclusive narrative
- Strengthen community management and proactively create opportunities for engagement of leaders in this space across the Forum s global activities
- Project management to ensure there is a solid community management system for engaging the private sector
- Events planning and logistics
- Manage the online community on the Forum s platform and ensure active engagement of partners in the online community space and face-to-face meetings.
- Align the community on actions vis-a-vis public institutions and build appropriate report and media strategy.
The successful candidate will be assessed on
- Ability to develop and implement engagement strategies incorporating Forum-specific know-how and project management best practices across the team in the different offices and locations
- Delivery of agreed project targets measurable efforts to deepen engagement with partners and collaboration across the key partner organizations
- Ability to lead engagement with external stakeholders
- Feedback from key project partners on the fit of engagement plans to their specific needs as well as ability to advise and adjust as needed
Preferred requirements and experience
- Graduate degree in management engineering or other relevant fields
- At least 6 years of professional experience related to aerospace aviation and/or sustainability issues.
- Project management experience including in multi-stakeholder management in strategy consulting firm public or private sector
- Demonstrated knowledge of the mobility space and ability to work with industry leaders at senior level as well as with subject matter and policy experts in academia non-governmental organizations and governments
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
Why work at the Forum
We believe that progress happens by bringing together people from all walks of life who have the drive and the influence to improve the state of the world by building awareness and cooperation shaping mindsets and agendas and driving collective action. Join us and become a driver for positive change!
World Economic Forum Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.