Meteorologist Flight Planning Specialist Ii Featured
- Webster, Texas
- Job ID
Meteorologist Flight Planning Specialist Ii job at World Fuel Services Corporation in Webster TX
Description, duties, responsibilities
At World Fuel Services our employees are the key to our global success.We are industry leaders due to the innumerable talents of our approximately 5000- strong professional team. Our people thrive in an entrepreneurial and culturally-diverse environment where innovative thinking collaboration and efficient execution are highly valued. Our high-performance culture is what allows us to drive sustained growth. Stronger together we promote an environment where individuals can thrive.
When you click Apply you will need to click on Create Account. By creating an account you will be able to view your applications and their statuses. Your password must contain 1 upper case letter 1 number and 1 special character.
World Fuel Services is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex gender identity sexual orientation race color religion national origin disability protected veteran status age or any other characteristic protected by law.
Preparing accurate flight plans and meteorology packages for Trip Support clients in addition to assisting in daily operations and tasks within Trip Support Services division. Under general direction maximize international trip support service and customer relations with new and existing clients providing superior customer service and communicating all of WFS/Colts products and services to WFS/Colts existing or new customers.
- Computing and preparing flight plans for upcoming trips
- Analyzing interpreting and evaluating meteorological information to determine potential hazards to flight safety and determine proper routings
- Using advanced knowledge of meteorology in preparing weather packages for upcoming trips
- Using advanced knowledge of flight planning in preparing the flight plans and packages for upcoming trips
- Ensuring flight packages are delivered to the proper emails faxes or both in a timely manner
- Confirming receipt of flight packages with the client the handler and/or the hotel
- Loading aircraft into Navtech or other flight planning system(s)
- Building routes in Navtech or other flight planning system(s)
- Provides expert level of support and consultation to WFS | Colt customers
- Assisting in day-to-day operations requirements such as but not limited to the following when demand dictates:
- Ground handling operational permits slots Flight following hotels and transportation
- Customs services including customs arrangements Canpass form preparation and submission and arrangement of Border Overflight Exemptions
- Loading and maintaining trips in the Falcon system
- Loading Trip Cost Estimates into the Falcon system
- Assisting with fuel quotes and/or arrangements after normal business hours
- Quality assurance for "owned" trips
- Part of the operations phone and communications rotation - responsible for assisting with all incoming operational communications including phone calls faxes emails and SITA/AFTN traffic
- Must have a firm knowledge of WFS|Colts products and services and be able to effectively market them to customers
- Performs other duties as may be assigned by management
- Helps other employees to accomplish Colt company goals
- Working Hours: as determined by the Sr Director Global Operations
- Knowledge of ATC regulations and understanding of flight planning systems.
- Ability to act in situations with confidence assertiveness tact and diplomacy
- Ability to deal resolutely with sensitive issues; methods and techniques used in persuasion and negotiation of conflicts and problems
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor in stressful situations and negotiations
- Ability to partner with other departments and interact effectively with employees at all levels of the organization
- Bachelors Degree (BS BA etc.) in Meteorology or Atmospheric Science or equivalent military training and experience. College degree preferred or equivalent combination of training and work experience in weather forecasting.
- 2 - 5 preferred years specialized training and work experience in Weather and/or aviation industry. Aviation forecasting experience preferred.
- Proven customer service skills; customer retention and issue resolution
- High degree of attention to detail is a requirement of the position.
- Positioning of product services in a global environment and competitors and vendors that serve those markets.
None or Some - Infrequent travel of short to moderate duration; typically does not include remote or hazardous locations; typically travel is to planned events or meetings.
World Fuel Services Corporation Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.