Quality Assurance Inspector Featured
- Mcclellan, California
- Job ID
Quality Assurance Inspector job at XOJET in McClellan CA
Description, duties, responsibilities
The job of an aircraft Quality Assurance (QA) Inspector is to insure that all of the maintenance that has been done on an aircraft meets the technical standards that have been established by the aircraft manufacturer and the Federal Aviation Administration. Aircraft maintenance that is done incorrectly can cost human lives. Quality Assurance Inspectors are responsible to objectively enforce proper aircraft maintenance procedures.
- Ensures that all inspections are properly performed and the documents required for compliance are properly executed.
- Work with vendors to correct (if necessary) any discrepancies as noted during work order reviews.
- Perform Return to Service (RTS) work order reviews as necessary.
- Assists the Manager of Fleet Airworthiness/Chief Inspector in assuring the airworthiness and reliability of aircraft components and accessories.
- Works to ensure that standards and regulations established by the XOJET Inc. General Maintenance Manual FAA Directives and Regulations and Manufacturers Service Bulletins are complied with.
- Assist in monitoring and maintaining the historical records of all aircraft engines and accessories operated by XOJET Inc.
- Produce the necessary documentation to prove conformity to the FAA.
- Prepare and submit required reports to the FAA.
- Assist in monitoring time limitations and specifications of all time and cycle controlled inspections special inspections replacement of parts and overhauls as contained in the Aircraft maintenance manuals and relevant tech publications.
- Assist in establishing inspection procedures and standards as necessary to assure airworthiness and regulatory compliance.
- Assist in maintaining a current list of employees qualified in the inspection of required inspection items (RII) and in monitoring the RII list of all contract agencies performing work for XOJET Inc. to insure qualified RII personnel are used.
- Compile data for the Continuing Analysis and Surveillance Program when required.
- Stay current with applicable airworthiness directives CFARs operation specifications type certificate data sheets service bulletins maintenance manuals and revisions.
- Have a working knowledge of minimum equipment lists.
- Perform vendor audits to include FBO Repair Station and Preferred Partner (Charter) Operators.
- Audit QA and Maintenance documented procedures to ensure compliance.
- May be assigned additional duties by the Manager of Fleet Airworthiness/Chief Inspector.
- Required to have a current Airframe and Powerplant certificate
- Minimum five years aviation experience
- Prior inspection experience is preferred
- Must be familiar with computerized maintenance tracking programs (i.e. CAMP)
- Must be familiar with turbine powered aircraft
- Must be able to read and understand technical publications and drawings
- Motivated to stay current on applicable technical material and study guides provided for that purpose.
- Very detail oriented
- Effectively communicate to team members vendors maintenance personnel and FAA representative
XOJET Company Overview
XOJET is one of the largest private aviation companies in North America. We own and operate the largest on-demand fleet of super-midsize private jets in the U.S. supplemented by a Preferred Partner Network of over 1450+ aircraft – all of which are maintained to exceed the highest level of safety standards in the industry. XOJET was the first private aviation company to enable its entire fleet with complimentary Wi-Fi and has earned the industrys highest safety ratings including ARGUS Platinum Wyvern Wingman and ISBAO Stage III. We employ 400+ employees across the country and have offices in San Francisco Sacramento New York Los Angeles and Palm Beach. Our clients include a wide range of businesses and individuals across a spectrum of industries including finance private equity technology media and entertainment.