Director of Information Technology Featured
- Ft Lauderdale, Florida
- Job ID
Director of Information Technology job at XOJET Aviation LLC in Ft Lauderdale FL
Description, duties, responsibilities
The IT Director is responsible for the overall planning organizing and execution of all IT functions at XOJET. This includes directing all IT operations to meet customer requirements as well as the support and maintenance of existing applications and development of new technical solutions.
- Analyzes complex business needs presented by the user community and/or clients and recommends technical solutions.
- Overseeing technical projects in alignment with organizational goals
- Directing the effective delivery of networks development and disaster recovery systems and processes
- Working with information engineers to find solutions to manage business activities
- Ensures the consistency and maintainability of existing applications by creating maintaining and enforcing standards/procedures for implementing technical solutions.
- Directs operations in executing production tasks according to a documented schedule that meets or exceeds customer expectations.
- Produces detailed time line for each application release and implements effective project control by monitoring the progress of the software release and reporting the status.
- Directs and prioritizes the work load of subordinate personnel.
- Reviews all designs code and unit test plans where applicable.
- Approves all business requirements prior to the technical solution.
- Participates on all hardware and software evaluations and maintains vendor contracts.
- Represents the IT function at customer review meeting when appropriate.
- Directs education programs for her/his staff.
- Perform liaison duties between users operations and programming personnel in the areas of systems design modifications or trouble shooting.
- Performs salary administration and conducts interviews and makes recommendations for new hires consultants and/or replacement personnel
QUALIFICATIONS and EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors degree preferably in Computer Science or equivalent or at least 5 years of experience as an Enterprise Architect in a fast paced enterprise environment.
- Expert Level administration and knowledge of SQL databases data mining techniques queries data visualization database reporting and dash boarding.
- Working knowledge of SaaS applications architecture and capabilities.
- Expert Level administration of server storage and networking infrastructure.
- Experience in network and data security.
- Proficient in Middleware SOA and system integration
- Analytical mind to leverage and adapt technologies to meet business requirements.
- Working knowledge of data architecture and system integration desirable.
- Self-starter who thrives in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Detail-oriented with excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with all levels of management.
- Department: Information Technology
- Location: Fort Lauderdale FL
- Reports to: COO
- FLSA: Exempt
XOJET Aviation LLC Company Overview
XOJET is one of the largest private aviation companies in North America. We own and operate the largest on-demand fleet of super-midsize private jets in the U.S. supplemented by a Preferred Partner Network of over 1450+ aircraft – all of which are maintained to exceed the highest level of safety standards in the industry. XOJET was the first private aviation company to enable its entire fleet with complimentary Wi-Fi and has earned the industrys highest safety ratings including ARGUS Platinum Wyvern Wingman and ISBAO Stage III. We employ 400+ employees across the country and have offices in San Francisco Sacramento New York Los Angeles and Palm Beach. Our clients include a wide range of businesses and individuals across a spectrum of industries including finance private equity technology media and entertainment.