Manager Operations Featured
- Ft Lauderdale, Florida
- Job ID
Manager Operations job at XOJET Aviation LLC in Ft Lauderdale FL
Description, duties, responsibilities
All SOC positions share the common responsibility of maintaining situational awareness of the operations taking place both across our system and within the SOC. Communication and teamwork are key requirements and essential in ensuring a smooth operation across all teams within the SOC and extending out to our crews.
All SOC positions are expected to lead-by-example in advocating and reinforcing our Safety Culture.
Leadership - Must have a metrics-driven operational mindset - passionate about details make data-driven decisions relentlessly measure and test and hold people accountable for fact-based results.
- Embraces and advocates change. Continuous Improvement is one of our values. Manager must be able to guide and motivate the team to excellence in a fast paced work environment where information is time-sensitive and processes and procedures are continually refined.
- Empowers employees to create and add value. Responsible for development of Employee Performance in Operations. Promotes programs that support XOJETs culture and initiatives to inspire high morale employee retention and job satisfaction while driving performance and creating a positive working environment for employees.
- Inspires team cohesion. Proactively provides employee coaching i.e. assists employees in communication and conflict resolution between their peers other departments and/or management
Strategic - Must have a strategic organizational outlook - quickly understand and align clearly with the companys vision for the support organization. Ability to quickly provide strategic input to the executive layer.
- Develops and elevates talent. Responsible for recruiting and developing a world-class team of professionals and establishing processes systems and training infrastructure to enable them to deliver timely and high-quality solutions to supportedteams and XOJET clients.
- Defines and measures performance. Develops and implements employee/departmental goals
- Analyze company data to see specifically how the department working and any necessary changes to procedures to support improvement. Update SOC Manual accordingly.
- Develops and implements retention programs to minimize turnover.
- Incorporates the organizational vision into the daily operation.
- Builds and maintains a proactive forward thinking mindset with the team members
Human Resources - Determines the Operations teams performance through regular evaluations. Addresses and minimizes issues including but not limited to attendance interpersonal conflicts in the workplace and individual performance gaps through coaching and counseling. Takes corrective action as necessary.
- Provides counsel and assistance to employee issues as they arise
- Responsible for approval of scheduling shift assignments and vacation
- Coordination with Human Resources of oversight of leaves of absences
- Coordinates and ensure compliance with approval of timecards coordinates and ensures compliance of Wage and Hour Breaks.
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert to Flight Operations Analysts and XOJET leadership on all performance weather and feasibility issues.
- Coordinate with SOC leadership to produce and provide cross-departmental training on operational functions as they apply to other XOJET teams.
QUALIFICATIONS and EXPERIENCE
- Experience leading people and managing processes in ways directly relatable to XOJETs culture and values.
- 5+ years experience in an SOC environment with a focus on flight operations.
- Passionate confident and driven organization leader.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Outstanding people and business management skills.
- Collaborative and transparent management style.
- Desire to lead a team in a fast paced deadline-driven environment.
- Proficient with PC and Microsoft Office skills (including Word and Excel) and ability to learn new programs quickly.
- Department: Operations
- Location: Fort Lauderdale FL
- Reports to: Senior Director SOC
- FLSA Classification: Exempt
XOJET Aviation LLC Company Overview
XOJET is one of the largest private aviation companies in North America. We own and operate the largest on-demand fleet of super-midsize private jets in the U.S. supplemented by a Preferred Partner Network of over 1450+ aircraft – all of which are maintained to exceed the highest level of safety standards in the industry. XOJET was the first private aviation company to enable its entire fleet with complimentary Wi-Fi and has earned the industrys highest safety ratings including ARGUS Platinum Wyvern Wingman and ISBAO Stage III. We employ 400+ employees across the country and have offices in San Francisco Sacramento New York Los Angeles and Palm Beach. Our clients include a wide range of businesses and individuals across a spectrum of industries including finance private equity technology media and entertainment.